Short scale bass and medium scale bass

You look around online and there are plenty of medium and short scale packs of strings but not basses. I love les claypool tone of his walnut 4 stringer and I think a lot of the tonal magic is coming from the 32" scale length. No bass sounds like that bass. I played cheap short scale SG looking bass once and my finger style was so fast and comfortable I couldn't put the bass down for like an hour.

I'm with you on that one. I played a little 30" Epi SG bass for five minutes once, but everyone around me said it was an hour. It was just $100 but it had a big gnarly crack in it so I didn't pick it up, but that is still the bass I hold others up against for fun-factor.

I'm going to start saving my pennies for one of these. The middle one in the pic is calling out to me! I still can't decide between 30" or 32" scale - is there an easy-to-find production 32" bass that I could go try out somewhere? I like the feel of a 30" bass, but I think 32" may end up being just the right size for me (34" just strains my fretting hand a little more than I would like).

I'm not sure if it would be ever thinked as a possibility, but I'd love to see a Gecko 32" scale too :)

NonsenseTele said:
I'm not sure if it would be ever thinked as a possibility, but I'd love to see a Gecko 32" scale too :)

Probably not, but I'm working on the engineering of a 34" Gecko 6 at home.  I think I'm getting close on the cyphering and scribbling.....

How about a short scale G5? Having one of those strung up as a tenor would be fantastic.

-Michael

mmarino92 said:
How about a short scale G5? Having one of those strung up as a tenor would be fantastic.

-Michael

Can do.  Same with Z Bass.  We don't have either in stock but you can place an order.  As they say.... operators are standing by!!!  :headbang:

Wyliee said:
mmarino92 said:

-Michael

Can do.  Same with Z Bass.  We don't have either in stock but you can place an order.  As they say.... operators are standing by!!!  :headbang:

:cool01:

mmarino92 said:
Wyliee said:
mmarino92 said:

-Michael

:cool01:

DOH!  I need to correct myself.  Short scale G4 is available.  Sorry, no G5.  4 bangers only.

Hey, why the tuner's hole has the screws holes drilled???
bn2616B.jpg

I mean, this is good, but also mean that I can't choose another tuners :sad1:

tfarny said:
I think this whole thing is a tease - this has been going on for a year and a half now and nothing on their main page. I want to see one! Dedicated web site or it doesn't exist! (oh wait then do I exist?)

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Bass=1&Shape=6&Type=78&Path=JSeries,Bodies&Body=2

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Bass=1&Shape=85&Path=JSeries,Necks,30Warhead&Body=1

NonsenseTele said:
bn2616B.jpg

Customers have been asking for the set pins to be drilled for years.  We could always omit the set pin drilling though.

Gah... never satisfied!!!!!!

:hello2:  Nice - I wish the pin holes were drilled on my strat neck for Sperzels.  Would've saved me a few minutes.  :icon_thumright:

Wyliee said:
NonsenseTele said:

Customers have been asking for the set pins to be drilled for years.  We could always omit the set pin drilling though.

Hehehehehehe Sorry! I'm really annoying, I know... Someday somebody will shoot me in the head :laughing7:
But I think this is a great move!

Wyliee said:

So are you going to start offering the set pin holes for different tuning machines, just like any other option? I know i'd pay an extra 10 or 15 bux.

dNA said:
Wyliee said:

So are you going to start offering the set pin holes for different tuning machines, just like any other option? I know i'd pay an extra 10 or 15 bux.

Not to my knowledge. The CAD guys did the work on the shortscale necks and BML Lights only.

Back