Short scale bass and medium scale bass

I've got everyone getting me Warmoth certificates this year..

Will pickup poles line up with the strings? I know its not a huge deal but I assume the string spacing would be a bit different, unless the nut is just thicker or something.

What's a good off-the-shelf model with a 32" neck so I can play with one?

Also, are those J- or Dinky J- shaped?

tfarny said:
I'm wondering if they'll make the necks a bit thinner on these than they are on the standard W bass necks, to go along with the smaller size.
Yep, the shorty necks have their own contour and it's thinner than our standard bass profile.

knucklehead G said:
Will pickup poles line up with the strings? I know its not a huge deal but I assume the string spacing would be a bit different, unless the nut is just thicker or something.

The recommended string spacing at the bridge is 19mm, and this does pull the strings in a bit narrower compared to the polepieces on stock jbass pickups.
knucklehead G said:
Also, are those J- or Dinky J- shaped?
Neither - it's based on a real Fender MIJ 32" scale Jbass, which is like a downsized vintage J with a smaller bulge where the controls go.  We've also done a short scale Z bass, and soon there will be a short scale G4 in double and single cutaway versions.  For the singlecut G4, think Rob Allen Mouse-ish.

bwbass said:
tfarny said:
I'm wondering if they'll make the necks a bit thinner on these than they are on the standard W bass necks, to go along with the smaller size.

Yep, the shorty necks have their own contour and it's thinner than our standard bass profile.

:sad:

Wyliee said:
Spied in the shop this morning.  I want one....
Oh please make it in a lefty.  I really need a short scale bass as I age.  If you guys do not make a lefty, I will probably die of some rare disease bought on by over use of my tendons. 

BW Bass first posted pics of short scale basses on Sep 1. 7 1/2 months ago.  Are these really still going to happen?

NonsenseTele said:
I really would like news about this, even not going to buy any in the next few years

err.. well if you admittedly aren't buying any, what incentive have they got for giving you any info?

Back