Shipping necks to Australia

darrenmh

Hello, First time commenting, but long time buyer of parts..
I'm looking at ordering 2 necks after about 4yrs of being otherwise busy.. ....
But it's about $300 USD- ...or $230 usd for one neck, in freight costs to my address in Australia !!!
Last time it was about $75 usd for one neck from memory..
By comparison companies like Stratosphere, etc can ship necks for $90 USD, & express air freight as well !
I wish I had a friend in the USA who could forward air freight the order to me at a normal price,...
- just to avoid the Warmoth freight price scam on principle ..
There doesn't seem to be any fair reason for the 2 - 3 x freight cost..
Rant over.... for now ;)

I’d like to add my point of view that Stratosphere don't pack the items very well. It is normally one layer of bubble wrap in a cardboard box, so it becomes a matter of luck if you receive the item in good condition. I had a bad experience so I stopped buying from them.

Hello, First time commenting, but long time buyer of parts..
I'm looking at ordering 2 necks after about 4yrs of being otherwise busy.. ....
But it's about $300 USD- ...or $230 usd for one neck, in freight costs to my address in Australia !!!
Last time it was about $75 usd for one neck from memory..
By comparison companies like Stratosphere, etc can ship necks for $90 USD, & express air freight as well !
I wish I had a friend in the USA who could forward air freight the order to me at a normal price,...
- just to avoid the Warmoth freight price scam on principle ..
There doesn't seem to be any fair reason for the 2 - 3 x freight cost..
Rant over.... for now ;)
Reminds me of that Dylan song everything is broken, except everything is more expensive.
hey there Darren, I'm from the SW of Western Australia & last weeks quote for the quickest delivery time on a neck only, was $US 290 ...Thats getting close to another neck !! I have a suggestion for you, regards shipping. I have a few firms in the US that will freight forward items to Oz, from their address in the US, I will contact them today,& get a few quotes. Happy to help with information if you wish.
Cheers

Created an account here just to make a comment on this thread.

Couldn’t agree more with the comments above. Postage of a neck to Australia is absolutely obscene, effectively removing warmoth as an option. I’d love to buy an upgraded custom neck but it’s like $300 Australian to have it posted. Lol yeah nah pass.

Unless warmoth can tell us it is shipped in some fancy humidity controlled box or something I suppose.

knowing Australia, there might be someone making good parts there. Heck, even here in Canada there are several folks making high quality guitar parts.

The trouble is that I don't know where to get equivalent quality from another vendor (I have tried before). At least the UPS shipping service is very reliable.

As silver surfer said there are drop services you can use. My wife uses them to ship stuff to China. Don't know anything about the Oz services.

Back