Serial Number

Love the wolfgang profile.  But I'm wondering what the two extra holes in the body are for?

Our old dog Buster the Great Dane ripped every toy apart for fun....every present at X-mas time as well....and ate a full loaf of bread off the counter before we could blink....lol. 186lbs at passing.

Now im just a man, a simple man, not some high falutin Koa scientist (Koalagist), but that don't look like Walnut to this right dude here. There's no need to turn this de-bacle into a full-on bacle.

That bod is sick!

I have no idea what those two extra holes are for. I'm guessing that, like the serial number, they didn't come from Warmoth.

The brand in the body is not the old-old one I mentioned with the turtle's body filled-in. It's just the kinda-old one where the neck is crooked, and only the strings are filled in.

I checked on the v-shaped carve on the neck heel, and found we used to do it that until sometime in the 2000's, so I'm guessing that's when this neck is from.

A solid Brazilian Rosewood neck, you say? Was this info from the person you acquired it from? The CITES ban on BR was in 1992, so something about the dates seems off. I don't feel like the neck is that old, based on the brands, and the fact that it is marked as having stainless steel frets.

BUT....as this thread shows, it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong today.

It looks like just dark Rosewood. I tried matching it up on Warmoth's build site....no doubt it's not from the early 90's. Having modern construction, SS frets leads me to guess at just Rosewood....maybe Indian?

I will have to say-this combo neck and body play's like spaghetti @440.......no other guitar in my past has come this close, San Dimas was a very close runner.

Thanks Warmoth for one STELLAR guitar!!!!!!

It's native american Rosewood, not indian Rosewood, that's offensive in today's culture of 2018. Anyway it's a killer lookin axe but have you considered a different pickguard? The black pearly stuff kinda clashes with the super killer wood figuring. Maybe a transparent one or frosted semi-transparent? that'd be the knees bees

BroccoliRob said:
It's native american Rosewood, not indian Rosewood, that's offensive in today's culture of 2018.

As far as I know, there's no such thing as "Native American Rosewood". Oddly enough, Indian Rosewood is what they call Rosewood that comes from (primarily) northern India, where it grows as a native species (Dalbergia latifolia).

The guitar is in transformation......All gold hardware with 2 year old weathered amber pearl Fender CS guard. I decided on the HipShot bridge as the outer screw dimension was the same and it's spect's were up my alley. I will fill in the blanks when complete....with pictures.

Cagey said:
BroccoliRob said:
It's native american Rosewood, not indian Rosewood, that's offensive in today's culture of 2018.

As far as I know, there's no such thing as "Native American Rosewood". Oddly enough, Indian Rosewood is what they call Rosewood that comes from (primarily) northern India, where it grows as a native species (Dalbergia latifolia).

I dunno... My school textbooks said pocahontas built a pretty sweet speedboat out of the native americans' rosewood back in the day a hundred years ago.

They probably made some shred worth guits too

Ordered the last of it's components today...Tusq string tree's. Warmoth gold decal as well.

Attachments

• Warmoth complete.jpg
    Warmoth complete.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 211
Looks great. That amber pearl PG really brings out the beauty of the wood. Good choice.

I have a very similar question, so I hope it's not bad to review this subject.

What does the number on my heel joint mean?

Attachments

• heel.JPG
    heel.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 112
Back