Serial Number

TurboTony

Hi, I have acquired a body made by Warmoth. There is a serial number on the top of the heel in gold lettering under the finish.....mean anything or was it added later? Thanks.

That was definitely added later by a previous owner. 

As to what it means... your guess is as good as mine!

The neck is a one piece Dark Brazilian Rose Wood, 6106 SS frets. Body is marked "H" and is light and looks like flame Koa.....all marked Warmoth

The pics mean you gotta a gorgeous guitar.  Congrats.  As to the number, is it a zip code and this is the first guitar the guy made?

Every guitar I own went to the back on the line after I got this one. I am going to go all gold hardware and sport a gold Warmoth decal. The neck on this is just spot on.

The H in the pocket means it's hollow, I believe.

That top looks to me like walnut, actually.  It's a little dark and not yellow enough to be koa, in my view.

Just re-strung it...but have a hipshot bridge on the way so I will take some then. I sure wish Warmoth wrote all the wood specs on the inside neck pocket.

That top looks to me like walnut, actually.  It's a little dark and not yellow enough to be koa, in my view.

^^^ What he said. ^^^

Koa is buttery gold. This is walnut, or I'm the Queen of England.

I have looked at many pictures of both Walnut and Koa bodies on Google....and this fits the Koa pictures way more than the Walnut pictures.....either way it sounds awesome

I'm more interested to see if the parts are actually Warmoth. The V-shaped contour on the heel of the neck does not look Warmothian.

If it is Warmoth, it's an old one. That's why I want to see the brand. If the turtle is there, I bet it's the old filled-in brand, as opposed to the new outlines-only version.

Back