Screamin Deals

Laits

As I understand it, the screaming deal section is for 2nds, blems, etc.
Will Warmoth give the reason for an item being on the list prior to purchase?

Sometimes it's just because a body has sat on the bean counter's list for X weeks. Bean counters don't like beans which don't jump.

I got a 7/8 Strat recently for $150. The reason for the low price was probably as swarfrat says, that it’s been for sale for some time and they wanted to make room for new bodies instead. So there was nothing wrong with this one.

I wouldn't think they'd sell something blemished without saying it was blemished.

Laits said:

If an item has a blemish or is a 2nd, it will say so in the description. If there is nothing in the description, it is just priced advantageously and in need of a good home. So buy two.

Laits said:

Your understanding is incorrect. :)

Screaming deals is mostly for old inventory and returned custom orders with really oddball options. Occasionally we will put something primo in there, for some lucky customer who stumble upon. This usually happens during a Screamin' Deals spotlight sale....we move a ton of older inventory in there, and seed it with some a really nice newer pieces that normally wouldn't be there.

Typically Warmoth doesn't sell 2nds, dings, or blems. Occasionally something with a particularly minor blem will go into the showcase, but it just goes into the regular showcase, with clear pictures and descriptions of the issue. It would only be moved into the Screamin' Deals section if it sat long enough.

Laits said:
Ok thanks all for clearing this up for me!

You bet. Welcome to the forum, BTW...hope you'll stick around!  :headbanging:

Screaming deals is mostly for old inventory and returned custom orders with really oddball options. Occasionally we will put something primo in there, for some lucky customer who stumble upon. This usually happens during a Screamin' Deals spotlight sale....we move a ton of older inventory in there, and seed it with some a really nice newer pieces that normally wouldn't be there.

So.... big discounts for multi-piece purchases? Like buy 3, get the 4th one free?

double A said:
Occasionally we will put something primo in there, for some lucky customer who stumble upon. This usually happens during a Screamin' Deals spotlight sale....we move a ton of older inventory in there, and seed it with some a really nice newer pieces that normally wouldn't be there.

I think I got blessed by that practice. I recently took delivery of a flawless Pearlized Surf Green Jazzmaster body. Either that, or it was a return? I can't imagine why anyone would return it, but it is a custom color. Normally, you can't get that finish. In any event, a screamin' deal @$220, and it's beautiful...

JMP944e.jpg
JMP944b.jpg

I find it curious that they have "stock photos" of something you can't order.

Cagey said:

Making those is just SOP for any body that comes through with a solid finish.

And ya....you got a good one! ;)

Makes sense. Looks fantastic! I know I'm happy. Got a mint 'guard for it, and had it routed for a Wilkie and humbuckers. Past that, I don't have solid plans. Likely an Ebony over Roasted Maple neck, and black pickups/hardware. Torn between some nice humbuckers or noiseless P90/Jazzmaster pickups.

One Screamin Deal body I bought had a super tiny chip in the neck pocket and they had a photo of that with the body info. Returned custom orders? Hmm, is that how I got a deal on that poplar strat body with a maple top?

There’s actually some nice stuff in there now, a high grade quilt tele, high grade flame maple soloist and a black bound Mary Kay strat...

I picked up a gorgeous quilt maple strat routed for p90s during one of those sales where they put stuff that really shouldn’t be in there on sale... can’t wait for another one.

I’ve never regretted anything from screaming deals. One had a small cosmetic issue that they were very upfront about.....it’s under the pickguard...who cares? Good things don’t hang out long so act fast if you like what you find..

Cagey said:
In any event, a screamin' deal @$220, and it's beautiful...

JMP944e.jpg
JMP944b.jpg

Wow! $220 doesn't even cover the paint!

Kevin, that body is a real find. I look forward to your build pics. As to pickups, I'd probably lean towards the noiseless P90/Jazzmaster ones. If you do try humbuckers, you may want to try SD P-rails.

Good idea. I've been sorta looking for an excuse to use a set of those.

I really like them. It's nice to be able to switch them around but I must admit that I use the P-90 setting most.

Back