Screamin Deals

I want a P90-ish tone capability, but I'm concerned about the noise. There are noiseless versions of those, so I'll be looking in that direction, too.

Cagey said:
I want a P90-ish tone capability, but I'm concerned about the noise. There are noiseless versions of those, so I'll be looking in that direction, too.
Wouldn't the shielded wire quiet things down enough? I lined my cavities and the back of the pickguard with copper tape and it's pretty quiet. The shielding should do at least as good as that.

Not a lot can be done for traditional single coil designs. Although, it's not like I don't have noise gates and whatnot around here.

Cagey said:
I don't know. They're pretty pricey for an air coil.
Could you make one yourself? The coil could go anywhere under the pickguard or spring cover. I don't have the knowledge to design up something like that but there are a few on this forum who would probably be able to do it.

I use the P-90 coils of my P-Rails more than any other setting. I know I've talked about the EMI noise in my house, and it certainly effects the P-rails, in both single coil modes, when only one pup is selected. (They're rw/rp to each other, so using both at the same time retains the noise cancelling.) I know I've mentioned it before, but using an EHX Hum-Debugger pedal totally eliminates the problem.

None the less, for my new build, I've purchased Mojo Tone '56 Quiet Coils. 

BigSteve22 said:
I use the P-90 coils of my P-Rails more than any other setting. I know I've talked about the EMI noise in my house, and it certainly effects the P-rails, in both single coil modes, when only one pup is selected. (They're rw/rp to each other, so using both at the same time retains the noise cancelling.) I know I've mentioned it before, but using an EHX Hum-Debugger pedal totally eliminates the problem.
RW/RP explains why mine is so quiet. I have it wired to switch both at the same time.

Back