Scheduled website outage

Wyliee

Hey folks,

We expect the Warmoth website will be down for a short period this evening.  This is a schedule outage as we're upgrading the software the website runs on.  The middle of the week is an odd time to do an upgradge, late at night on a weekend is more common, but we needed more hands involved than normal.  This became the optimal time.

You may not noticed much, if any, difference initially, but expect to see a cascade of changes in the near future.  This will better position us to improve the performance and capabilities of the website.

So..... who wants to deliver the pizzas???

Whoever's doing the pizzas, I'll PM you my address, and you can PM Wyliee the bill.

Hey, I haven't seen the chat thing yet. Is it still going?

Max said:
Whoever's doing the pizzas, I'll PM you my address, and you can PM Wyliee the bill.

Hey, I haven't seen the chat thing yet. Is it still going?

You'll have to get that past my accountant/spousal unit.  Not gonna happen bucko!

There are several upgrades I'd like to do here that have not been done yet.  I think I'll have to enlist some assistance.  Someone with the initials BG......

Max said:
And the chat feature on the main site?

Ah, we may not see that for some time.  Testing of the software went well, but the demand was remarkably low. It's a great idea (IMO) but very, very few people made use of it over our testing period.

Ah. It wasn't very visible, IMO. Perhaps something to show it existed when it was offline would have helped. I actually never saw it, even when I looked.

When is it beginning???

Also I wish know, when are becoming official the Carved Top Tele and the 32" Jazz? :)

jlegnor said:
I hope the bugs are still being worked out cause it's super slooooooow.

We did quite a bit of testing on our development server prior to the rollover and did not experience the performance issues you see now.  We've been working on it all day and are still working.  Tune a piano, tuna fish, tune a database server....

NonsenseTele said:
When is it beginning???

Also I wish know, when are becoming official the Carved Top Tele and the 32" Jazz? :)

It should be mo' better now.

You should see the CT tele in the very near future.  The 32" JBass is not far behind.

Thats what I always found strange with Beta testing.  It seems to act fine with a trickle of traffic....but then you turn on the fire hose and the weirdest things pop up.

Good luck, I hope you guys find it fast and easy.  :rock-on:

Blue313 said:
Thats what I always found strange with Beta testing.  It seems to act fine with a trickle of traffic....but then you turn on the fire hose and the weirdest things pop up.

Good luck, I hope you guys find it fast and easy.  :rock-on:

Rest assured, stress testing is included in our development process.  I've gone up to 150% of expected load to make sure there's grow room.  We had to change some indexing around this time.

Back