San Francisco, California (Bay Area)

sfguitarworks

SF-Guitar-splash-test-copy2-1080x420.png

SF Guitarworks is San Francisco's largest, best equipped, #1 rated guitar repair shop, and has the skilled staff and precision equipment required to handle any instrument repair, from a quick jack replacement, to a full refret, pickup rewind, extensive custom work, and anything in between. All fretwork is done on our PLEK, a computerized fret leveling tool, which enables us to level the frets to a tolerance of a .0001″, guaranteeing that the guitar will play perfectly all over the neck. We also repair and customize amps and other electronic gear.

All of our work is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, and covered under a lifetime warranty. We deliver top-notch results, and pride ourselves on our customer service. We now have a satellite location in Petaluma where we have pickup/drop-off services available Friday-Monday by appointment.

We also teach setup workshops & partsguitar classes.

Setup Workshop: We teach you the ins and outs of how to perform a truly professional setup, which is much more involved than most people think! You will learn how to accurately assess your guitar, how to cut the nut, adjust your truss rod, set your intonation and much, much more. At the end of the class, you will have a perfectly set up instrument, that you worked on yourself! The workshop runs from 11-3 every few Saturdays in San Francisco & Petaluma, and are limited to 4 students. Availability is always on our website here. Call and register early, as classes fill up fast!

Build Your Own Partsguitar Workshop: This one-of-a-kind workshop will offer you the opportunity to not only learn the skills of soldering, electronics assembly, guitar assembly and final set-up, but to walk out with an amazing guitar custom spec'd and built by you. More information available on our website here.

We have a lot of experience with Warmoth products, and have warranty technicians on staff for Martin, Taylor, Godin, Orange, Fender and more.

We are located at:
323 Potrero Ave (16th and Potrero intersection)
San Francisco, CA 94103
[415] 865-5424

Check out more about us here:
sfguitarworks.com
instagram.com/sfguitarworks
facebook.com/sfguitarworks

If you have any questions, feel free to drop us an e-mail at info@sfguitarworks.com.

Huh, for some reason I thought you guys had joined earlier.

Anyway, I've taken a few of my guitars up there years ago, and really liked the results. I had my green strat there, they installed a hipshot bridge, the pickups (they had to route because the pickups were a little weird) and put the whole thing together. On a couple of other guitars, I put them together myself and had them do a setup and plek.

I've been pretty happy with the results.

Jet-Jaguar said:
Huh, for some reason I thought you guys had joined earlier.

Anyway, I've taken a few of my guitars up there years ago, and really liked the results. I had my green strat there, they installed a hipshot bridge, the pickups (they had to route because the pickups were a little weird) and put the whole thing together. On a couple of other guitars, I put them together myself and had them do a setup and plek.

I've been pretty happy with the results.

Hey man! Thanks for the feedback. Hope your guitars are treating you well. :)

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
For East Bay folks, Marc Miller out in Concord/Pleasant hill does great work too, he used to work for John Jordan.

I recently moved to the east bay, does this guy have a website or other ways of contact?

John Jordan (www.jordanmusic.com) otherwise, you'll have to google up Marc Miller, unless John has current contact info for him.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
John Jordan (www.jordanmusic.com) otherwise, you'll have to google up Marc Miller, unless John has current contact info for him.

Yeah he doesn’t seem easy to find. I’ll keep looking, thanks!

Back