Computer crashed, new one on it's way...

Timmsie95

So the other day, the most horrid thing happened...
I am currently producing a local band's first full length album, and we were tracking guitars for pre production.
I'm the middle of a perfect take, i noticed he stopped playing, so i looked over at him, wondering why he had stopped. Then I looked at my computer...
The screen was frozen, and nothing would work, then it shut down and a quick message popped up (too quick to even read), then it kept beeping. As you can imagine, I was VERY pleased!! (Sarcasm...)

So i contacted Apple and it was determined that my RAM has fried, and it's a 2012 MacBook Pro Retina 15", which has the RAM and SSD soldered to the motherboard, meaning it's difficult to fix or replace parts... So as you can probably imagine, a few foul words were spoken, quite loudly...

On the bright side, all of my recordings are stored on an external hard drive. But unfortunately, all of the graphics that I've designed for myself, and other people (including every final version of my cousin's band logo..), as well as all of the music that I listen to, was all in the internal drive. Yes, I know I'm stupid for not backing up those files...

But now, I have a damn powerful 27" 5K iMac on it's way (thanks to Apple financing...), and it should arrive later this week

The band was on a pretty tight schedule for this album, and we were Ashley behind due to some issues we were having with the bassist (don't you just love musicians?) who want happy with anything... So unfortunately, they may be going to someone else for this album, so I lost a customer in this shytestorm... They are good friends, and there's no hard feelings, it's just that a week and a half, is time they can't afford to waste.

Pretty excited for the new iMac though..
And as a side note, I ordered a new thunderbolt cable for my harddrive on Saturdsy, from Best Buy  and chose free shipping, which was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. To my surprise,I got an email yesterday (Sunday) that it had shipped. Thrn, today I looked at the tracking, and it is scheduled to be deliveref today (Monday)! So thst was a pleasant surprise... Canada Post has actually impressed me on this one..

Here are the specs of the iMac.
Later on, I'll be buying a 32 GB RAM kit to improve it, but this will be more than enough for now. And as a side note, my external hard drive is a G Technology 3TB G-Drive Thunderbolt.

Attachments

• 20160819_075515.jpg
    20160819_075515.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 339
That sucks about it breaking. But hey. Look at the bright side, you have a reason to get a new computer.

If you still have the SSD from your broken Mac, it may still be possible to pull off the files from it, just a pain in the ***. Have to de-solder the SSD and then hook it up to a usb dock and mount it.

Aww crap!!

Does this mean we all have to make new avatars again?

spaceranger said:
If you still have the SSD from your broken Mac, it may still be possible to pull off the files from it, just a pain in the ***. Have to de-solder the SSD and then hook it up to a usb dock and mount it.
It's currently in the hands of some guy who is slowly retrieving the data, hopefully it works.

double A said:
Aww crap!!

Does this mean we all have to make new avatars again?
:laughing7:

Back