Say hello to my little friend!

Well, sorry you aren't working on a new build, but I'm sure it'll be a BANGER in that Byrdland.

Between you and Ted Nugent, I reckon you have all the Byrdlands on the planet tied up.
I don't wanna brag, but these things can quite literally blow the b*lls of a charging rhino at 60 paces through the right amp. (in fact, I did it one time on a safari)

Last edited:
MatureTemptingIridescentshark-max-1mb.gif

"That's good that's good that's sweet, that's healthy that's wise that's all right I dig it one time.

What are your impressions of the L-500?

That particular one has not been used yet. I do have an OBL HSS set (Original Bill Lawrence from the 80s not later ones) that came in my Hamer which I bought in the 80s which I really like. The humbucker is essentially the first of what later became the L500Ls so I expect the new one to sound similar if not the same. The Hamer has a glued in neck joint, whereas the new L500L will end up in an S type with bolt on neck. I find these pickups, to cast some limelight on them, to have good clarity, overall tone and responsiveness and the ones that Becky and Shannon offer via Wilde pickups are great value for money.

That particular one has not been used yet. I do have an OBL HSS set (Original Bill Lawrence from the 80s not later ones) that came in my Hamer which I bought in the 80s which I really like. The humbucker is essentially the first of what later became the L500Ls so I expect the new one to sound similar if not the same. The Hamer has a glued in neck joint, whereas the new L500L will end up in an S type with bolt on neck. I find these pickups, to cast some limelight on them, to have good clarity, overall tone and responsiveness and the ones that Becky and Shannon offer via Wilde pickups are great value for money.
Currently, I only have a Wilde T-48 TL twin blade tele wired up and the main thing is the awesome clarity. Thank you for the insight sir!

It is from Wilde pickups Becky and Shannon Lawrence

So is this the pickup that comes in the Nuno sig?

I must admit I've always stayed away from these pickups because of the controversy surrounding who owns what, and which one is genuine. I haven't been to either site in ages, but long ago it seemed the main message on both sites was "WE ARE THE GENUINE BUILDERS. DON'T BE FOOLED. THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE CROOKS. oh....and also here are the pickups."

It was always a turn off for me, and I didn't have enough interest in the pickups to sort through the crap and figure it all out.

Am I missing something?

Back