Satch vs. Coldplay?

I didn't mean that I thought Coldplay were brilliant.  I meant that  thought you're comment about Coldplay being like cigarettes was brilliant.

Another word for Cigarettes here in the UK is Fag.  Thus making a coldplay a bunch of "Fags", which i understand has an entirely different meaning in the US....... :icon_tongue:

Just messin'....  Whilst Coldplay are not in my top 10, I certainly dont hate them.  I do like Satriani though.

jimh said:
Another word for Cigarettes here in the UK is Fag.  Thus making a coldplay a bunch of "Fags", which i understand has an entirely different meaning in the US....... :icon_tongue:

What is the "UK" definition for "fanny?"  Here it means rear end.

Did anyone mention Alizee yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6m9mMCxr6w

I vote for her because she's WAY hotter than any of them. And hotness wins.  :toothy12:

3alizee.jpg

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
jimh said:

What is the "UK" definition for "fanny?"  Here it means rear end.

Are you just trying to make me say something rude?  :laughing7:
Our "fanny" is not the same as your "fanny", lets, just put it that way  :icon_tongue:
:eek:ccasion14:

That Alizee song is totally different. The melody is, at least. The chord progressions sure sound the same, but as has been said before, it's not a weird progression.

The real question is why oh why are all these songs in the same key??? Honestly, if I were stealing a progression and/or melody, I would change the key. This is one reason I am tempted to say the music in all these examples has not been stolen. Why keep the key the same? That is so obvious!

The worst part of this whole ordeal is that I have heard that coldplay song more times now than I would wish on my enemies...  caught myself humming in walking down the hall.... oh the humanity!

it's funny. the original youtube video has been pulled due to copyright violation. wonder which of them was on EMI records?

Brian

Coldplay must be on EMI... Satch is on Epic.  Wow, I can't believe I know that.  :doh:

yea coldplay is on capitol/emi, i actually have the album, strangely enough.  thought i would give them a shot when it came out, sounded very floyd-y to me when i saw them on tv, it's still better than most major label new bands out there today. 

Neil Stryker X said:
The worst part of this whole ordeal is that I have heard that coldplay song more times now than I would wish on my enemies...  caught myself humming in walking down the hall.... oh the humanity!

just tell yourself you're humming satch...

Yeah, this shite happens allllll the time...

I agree that the worst, most douche-baggy case I can think of is The Verve/Rolling Stones lawsuit over "Bittersweet Symphony". The Verve had permission to use the Andrew Oldham Orchestra's music for the background of their song Bittersweet Symphony. The Oldham Orchestra's composition (which sounds nothing like "The Last Time" by the Stones) gives songwritig credits to Jagger and Richards, as Oldham used to be the Stones manager. The Stones immense power as a band basically guaranteed they'd win their request of ALL song writing credits, even though the vocal melodies and lyrics were Richard Ashcroft's own genius.

In any case, "The Last Time" is a bit of a rip-off of an earlier song by the Staple Singers called "This May Be The Last Time". Shame on the Stones for their immense greed in taking credit for the entirety of Bittersweet Symphony.

My all time favorite is John Fogerty being sued by Creedence for sounding too much like a song that he himself wrote.  Judge: "I'm sorry, sir, but  you will just have to stop sounding like you." 

guitlouie said:
My all time favorite is John Fogerty being sued by Creedence for sounding too much like a song that he himself wrote.  Judge: "I'm sorry, sir, but  you will just have to stop sounding like you." 
:laughing3:

Back