Sale builds Warmoth #2 & #3 (Tele) Content

DslDwg

Sorry to the Tele purists - My first build had single coil size p/u's but I am a metal player and the humbucker routes gave me many more options. Can't wait to get some more pieces will probably build the Caribbean burst first.

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

WOW! both those bodies are amazing! and my strat with a single F-hole does everything very well. there's just something extremely cool about F-holes  :icon_biggrin: 

what kinds of necks? i think the blue needs a maple or canary, and the black needs something exotic. just think the colors would work out best that way. and what do you have in mind for pickups?

Sweet Tele. -Death by

Below is my first - need to take new pictures without sticker on pick guard haha - This was made as a sleeper it has hot rail br. and vintage stack neck. + emg a/b instead of tone control - believe me it shreds and the cleans are incredible.

I also love the thinline actually the Caribbean burst is a chambered/standard that happens to have an f-hole. Again the f-holes are cool I love them too.

On the Caribbean I'm thinking mahogany neck/ ziricote board. Chrome Hardware - S/D blackouts.

On the trans black - ebony/ebony neck. Black hardware. Probably go with a vintage pearl pickguard and S/D J/B Jazz Combo.

DSC00516.jpg

That Caribbean is just off the freaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakin' hook... :headbang:

Metal Tele's Rawk!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright:
DejaVooDoo-3.jpg

DslDwg said:
Sweet Tele. -Death by

Below is my first - need to take new pictures without sticker on pick guard haha - This was made as a sleeper it has hot rail br. and vintage stack neck. + emg a/b instead of tone control - believe me it shreds and the cleans are incredible.

DSC00516.jpg
+1 on DBU blue tele  :icon_thumright:

How do you find the SD pups compared to conventional humbuckers?  I'm also thinking of doing a sleeper though might just copy the blue tele with the EMG's

The EMGs are high output enough to place in a route under a pickguard and have the pickguard non-pickup routed.  It could maintain an Esquire appearance and be a real sleeper.  I've thought about doing that.  As is, it would only mean lowering them on mine about 3/16".

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The EMGs are high output enough to place in a route under a pickguard and have the pickguard non-pickup routed.  It could maintain an Esquire appearance and be a real sleeper.  I've thought about doing that.  As is, it would only mean lowering them on mine about 3/16".

Are you sure about that? I can recall reading somewhere that EMGs do best when set real close to the strings - something that annoys some hard hitting players.

OzziePete said:
The EMGs are high output enough to place in a route under a pickguard and have the pickguard non-pickup routed.  It could maintain an Esquire appearance and be a real sleeper.  I've thought about doing that.  As is, it would only mean lowering them on mine about 3/16".

Are you sure about that? I can recall reading somewhere that EMGs do best when set real close to the strings - something that annoys some hard hitting players.

+1

EMG uses small, low power magnets to avoid string pull. They do recommend putting them close to the strings.

Death by Uberschall said:
OzziePete said:

+1

EMG uses small, low power magnets to avoid string pull. They do recommend putting them close to the strings.

And their output would be attributed to the power of their internal pre amps, not the strength of the magnets.

OzziePete said:

They recommend getting them as close as comfortable.  The magnets are weaker, so the issues of a magnet pulling on the string weakening sustain arguement is lessened.  Also, there's no exposed poll pieces or bobbin ends for strings to get caught on.  In these cases, all signs point to raising.

In my case, I have a compound radius neck and super low action already.  The pickups are really close to the strings as is and barely above the pickguard.  I have the springs in the bridge pickup totally compressed and short of removing them and replacing with tubing or cutting them in half, that pickup can't go any higher.  Plus it is a Tele bridge pickup, and although high output, it is not nearly as high as the 89 and 89R in the middle and neck (of course those pickups are suitable for any position, so it may the location causing the high output and not so much the pickup).  In any case, because of the high output of the pickups, if lowered substantially, they would still produce more output than a mid-output level passive at normal height.

Back