Routing help

Nicholasdaniel

Im buying a guitar body blank and plan on giving it a tele shape with two p-rails. I don't have much experience with routing but i have a family member who does. He just needs to know the dimensions. Can anyone help? I need dimensions for the neck pocket and the pickups. Or any suggestions where i can find this information would be greatly appreciated.

I'd agree with patrick, probably in your best interest to get some templates.... :icon_thumright:

I thought Warmoth already did the neck pocket and pickup routes on their body blanks?
Isn't that the point of ordering a body blank as opposed to just buying a chunk of wood somewhere?

yeah, if you're buying an unrouted blank then you are better off going to your local hardwood supplier and just buying the wood. I can usually get 1 piece sized (known as 8/4 or "eight quarter" board of at least 13 inches width and whatever length you need)) body blanks of african mahogany for around $30 a piece, make sure that the wood is kiln dried. They can probably plane it down to 1 3/4" there at the shop and if they can't then look up a local cabinet shop and they'll run it through a planer for a couple of bucks.

Also, if you are going this route defineitly get the templates. Cheers,

Back