Roasted swamp ash and Koa top velocity

Ok I did a tapping test on the poles, it should clear up something.

Pos 1: bridge slug coil wired
Pos 2: neck screw coil wired
Pos 3: all coils wired on both pickups
Pos 4: bridge both coils wired
Pos 5: neck both coils wired.

I don't understand, it doesn't seem to follow a logic  :tard:

It's worth noticing that between pos 1 and 2 there's a MASSIVE volume difference in favor of pos 2, same thing between pos 4 and 5 in favor of pos 4.

ValeBliz said:
Ok I did a tapping test on the poles, it should clear up something.

Pos 1: bridge slug coil wired
Pos 2: neck screw coil wired
Pos 3: all coils wired on both pickups
Pos 4: bridge both coils wired
Pos 5: neck both coils wired.

I don't understand, it doesn't seem to follow a logic  :tard:

It's worth noticing that between pos 1 and 2 there's a MASSIVE volume difference in favor of pos 2, same thing between pos 4 and 5 in favor of pos 4.

It cannot be following the diagram I provided to end up with those results. Do you have some photos of how you have the switch wired?

Made a few pics, hard to make clear ones but it should be understandable.
Left side are wires from the bridge, right side from the neck, 2 cloth wires wired with the green go to ground, one cloth wire goes to volume pot.

ValeBliz said:
Left side are wires from the bridge, right side from the neck, 2 cloth wires wired with the green go to ground, one cloth wire goes to volume pot.

If you look at the diagram I provided again for each pair of poles there should be a green and bare, white and red from one of the pickups and the black wire from the other pickup.

If all 4 wires from the bridge and neck go to the same pair of poles that is the error. It would also probably give a similar result to that described.
It is difficult from the picture to see that but if this is the case swap the black wires to the opposite pair.

Back