Roasted necks?

Luke, I love people who have nothing meaningful to say adding to threads  :binkybaby:

That being said, your Strat is the best I've seen on here so far  :headbang1:

The best quote I've read so far was that anyone who owns a Vulcanized neck is guaranteed to " live long and prosper "   :icon_thumright:

wolf5150 said:
The best quote I've read so far was that anyone who owns a Vulcanized neck is guaranteed to " live long and prosper "   :icon_thumright:

That really needed a smiley doing the Vulcan hand thing.

wolf5150 said:
The best quote I've read so far was that anyone who owns a Vulcanized neck is guaranteed to " live long and prosper "  :icon_thumright:
:laughing3:
Some Star-Trek fans made that one, or what? :laughing7:

I would love to try this..

if this is supposed to be the next big thing in guitar land, I hope Warmoth is jumping on this..

Marko said:
I would love to try this..

if this is supposed to be the next big thing in guitar land, I hope Warmoth is jumping on this..

Meh, I'm never buying another Maple neck from Warmoth.
Exotic/raw woods only for me.

Apparently most woods don't accept the new process, it seems maple is the only one to truly benefit.

John Suhr's even made himself a guitar with the new neck with no truss rod installed.
After soaking it in water, it didn't move at all, totally stable.

That's gotta be good.

I'm with line6man unless the roasting process gives the maple enough stability that it can be left raw. A raw maple neck with this dark look would be killer. If it needs a finish I would just opt for canary or padouk though.

bob7point7 said:
unless the roasting process gives the maple enough stability that it can be left raw.

I am making that assumption... if it also needs a finish, then there is no point really.

I wonder if you could roast it with coffee beans.

A nice Sumatran would make a fine smelling neck.

The Anderson version... gorgeous  :headbang1:
http://andersonforum.com/board/showthread.php?t=7583

line6man said:
http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/pop/roasted_maple.html

Alright then, looks like a $750 upcharge on a Birdseye Maple/Birdseye Maple neck.  :toothy11:

Yep, this looks like the same process that PRS is applying to their acoustic guitar tops.  of course PRS calls it what it is - baking.

I think the dark finish is pure marketing though...

Edit - Ahem - really have to check my facts - it's Taylor that's baking the tops, not PRS.  Apologies for the confusion.

Back