"Road worn"... lame!

I just thought of a way I would find them cool.  If I had to make a guitar look beat up as a prop for a play or film, it would be fun.  Making props = fun. 

I thought about tying a rope to my Aria Pro II and dragging it around behind my truck for a few days, but then minty Aria Pro II's would probably become collectable :sad1:

Well, I'm with the majority here on not liking guitars that have been.....relic'd......is that even a word? Anyway, I totally agree that it's silly to pay top dollar for a guitar that has been beat up for the sake of saying it's "aged" and that if you want a guitar like that then you should put the playing/gigging hours into it to make it like that. With that said though, I'm in the process of having a Kramer 5150 made for me and it's got the beat up thing going on. Gotta be a hypocrite this time around.
MULLY

It was either the fender or kramer one that was 48 grand or something that was to EXACT specs. Even all the scratches are exactly the same as Eddie's.  Which is just dumb.

That was the Frankenstein made by Fender. The price was $25,000. But hey, you got a hard touring case with a VH logo spray painted on it.
MULLY

mullyman said:
That was the Frankenstein made by Fender. The price was $25,000. But hey, you got a hard touring case with a VH logo spray painted on it.
MULLY
Hmm, I went a bit overboard with the price, but hey, you could buy two perfectly good cars with that money.

C'mon, you'd take 2 cars over a road case with a VH logo painted on it?
MULLY
I would too :laughing7:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
mullyman said:
C'mon, you'd take 2 cars over a road case with a VH logo painted on it?
MULLY
I would too :laughing7:
Good choice.

Yeah, I consider myself a full fledged Van Halen nut. My license plate on my car is 51-50. I've been through the EVH Music Man guitars, various Wolfgang's and I even plan on grabbing one of these new Wolfgang's if they're not too far over the top. That Frankenstein from Fender though, Jesus, talk about insane. Even if I had Michael Jordan's bank account I doubt that I'd spend that much on a replica guitar, I may for the real thing. Another one was that Charvel that Eddie did a few years back. They gave him a bunch of guitars to paint, he painted them himself, played them on stage and had a photo of said event with it, and then they were sold off on Ebay starting at $5,150.00. Those Charvel guitars were cheap, garbage, all basswood bodies. They got that price tag because he painted them and played them for one song on stage? No thanks. I'm a fan but that's a bit too far.
MULLY
2 cars for 25k? Hyundai???

Back