"Road worn"... lame!

they have those at guitar center here. they play nice. i forgot how noisy regular single coils are. honestly they look like someone just took sandpaper to random parts to the guitar. i mean some parts are okay but the fretboard is especially inaccurate compared to normal wear and tear.

How great is it that they don't have any 2nd's to worry about anymore?

LOL

Bravo for the marketing dept.

hehehe

I posted an abnoxious comment on there, just to see what kinda uproar I would cause... said "You can't take a belt-sander to your current girl and pretend like you've been with her for 20 years can you?" or something to that effect.

:toothy12:

Superlizard said:
"The Road Worn series... designed for the discriminating guitarist who wants instant street cred without actually paying their dues."  buahahaha

Hey man, this don't surprise me one bit - what with all the fake-o's out there, the wanna-be's, the Guitar Hero players, etc... .

Hey dude, Guitar Hero is fun.  I will never get above medium difficulty because anything beyond that and I would have to spend time practicing, and I would rather play real guitar if I'm going to be using actual effort... but it's still fun to play because it is hilarious and filled with Spinal Tap jokes and cheesy 80s hair band songs. 

hannaugh said:
Superlizard said:
"The Road Worn series... designed for the discriminating guitarist who wants instant street cred without actually paying their dues."  buahahaha

Hey man, this don't surprise me one bit - what with all the fake-o's out there, the wanna-be's, the Guitar Hero players, etc... .

Hey dude, Guitar Hero is fun.  I will never get above medium difficulty because anything beyond that and I would have to spend time practicing, and I would rather play real guitar if I'm going to be using actual effort... but it's still fun to play because it is hilarious and filled with Spinal Tap jokes and cheesy 80s hair band songs. 

I reported that to the dept. of homeland insecurity, for being too funny

LOL

hannaugh said:

Yes, but there is a distinct difference 'tween playing a real guitar and doing Guitar Hero for fun... and some kid just playing Guitar Hero and thinkin' they're the next Yngwie J. Malmsteen.

But I blame the latter on bad parenting...

Superlizard said:
hannaugh said:

Yes, but there is a distinct difference 'tween playing a real guitar and doing Guitar Hero for fun... and some kid just playing Guitar Hero and thinkin' they're the next Yngwie J. Malmsteen.

But I blame the latter on bad parenting...

Disney showed a prototype of a Guitar Hero type setup using a real guitar, but details are vague, especially on an installable setup for an existing guitar, but that may come with time, video at the link below:

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2009/01/finally-a-guita.html

Wow, that's really interesting.  It would be pretty cool if you could put your own tabs in it.  It reminds me of the Guitar Pro program, which I love because I can slow it down and play along while I'm learning a song. 

People diss Guitar Hero a lot, especially guitarists, but in my opinion, ANYTHING that could possibly get people interested in music is a good thing, especially because of the declining number of arts programs in public schools.  I know at least 3 people who loved playing GH and Rock Band, and when they got bored with that, they went out and bought real guitars and started learning.  One of my best friends plays the drums on Rock Band on the highest difficulty, and she recently got a real drum set and is actually pretty decent now.  She obviously has years of practice ahead of her, but the game kind of affirmed in her mind that drums were something that she should pursue.  I think that is much better than those games where you steal cars and shoot people. 

hannaugh said:
Wow, that's really interesting.  It would be pretty cool if you could put your own tabs in it.  It reminds me of the Guitar Pro program, which I love because I can slow it down and play along while I'm learning a song. 

People diss Guitar Hero a lot, especially guitarists, but in my opinion, ANYTHING that could possibly get people interested in music is a good thing, especially because of the declining number of arts programs in public schools.  I know at least 3 people who loved playing GH and Rock Band, and when they got bored with that, they went out and bought real guitars and started learning.  One of my best friends plays the drums on Rock Band on the highest difficulty, and she recently got a real drum set and is actually pretty decent now.  She obviously has years of practice ahead of her, but the game kind of affirmed in her mind that drums were something that she should pursue.  I think that is much better than those games where you steal cars and shoot people. 

Don't dismiss the value of shooting people...sometimes they just need shooting, you know.

ildar said:
hannaugh said:

Don't dismiss the value of shooting people...sometimes they just need shooting, you know.

I prefer an axe, myself... ha ha ha, see what I did there?? 

hannaugh said:
ildar said:
hannaugh said:

I prefer an axe, myself... ha ha ha, see what I did there?? 

Yeah, you just stunk the place up. hahaha!!!
MULLY
should have seen it coming though

Amen

Pay the dues , play the blues . 

It's a ridiculous statement on the impatient , poser mentality .. as bad as people riding japanese cruisers ..

I don't get that one. The body is beat up, but everything else is like new. :icon_scratch: Should have left the body like new too. I love that color.

This is a relic'd fingerboard from a Strat by Nash Guitars:

S-59.jpg

Gee, I make sure to play all the notes in every song in every different key when I'm a-howlin' da blues in a Mississippi roadhouse too. :guitaristgif: I keep my fingers really clean too so all the lacquer wears off but nothing gets dirty. Honest, I do....

If you are gonna shell out 1200 bucks for a [mim] and beat-up looking piece, you might as well shell out 400 more bucks and buy a Bill Nash! [at least you'll get an excellent sounding and playing piece].

Back