Ritchie Blackmore's Strat Project

Schidakov

Hi there!

As I decribed at 'Just Out of the Box' section (http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=15967.0), I have recieved Vintage White Strat body.

My personal project is dedicated to Greatest Ritchie Blackmore, I want to recreate his named guitar, but with some differences.
Let us begin with description:

— Warmoth Strat body (Alder, Vintage White finish, S-S-S, routing for 2-point American Standard Tremolo, 4-point neck pocket);
— Fender American Special Stratocaster neck with large 70's CBS era headstock (22 Jumbo frets). As you can see, it truly American neck;
— American Standard two-point tremolo;
— Lace Sensor Hot Gold pickups set with Hot 13.2K Bridge (white);
— Fender / Schaller Locking tuners set (brushed chrome);

etc...

So, some of parts were bought thru eBay, some — with e-shops, but final part — body — was ordered from Warmoth!

I should say, that quality of body is really astonishing!

Attachments

• 4444.jpg
    4444.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 3333.jpg
    3333.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Strat.jpg
    Strat.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 255
  • Strat-1.jpg
    Strat-1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 178
This is really nice. Good to see someone giving homage to Ritchie. I was just listening to the remastered Rainbow Rising CD today & it's so good, it hurts.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I know Ritchie had several, but didn't he have the black pickup covers and knobs on his and the middle pickup was a cover only?

At latest live perfomances ('95 with Rainbow and with Blackmore's Night) he already used Lace Sensors' Strat, you can see screenshot from 'Paris Moon' video.

I adore this exact edition of His Strat, because I like look and sound of Lace Sensors, really.

Attachments

• ?????? ?????? 2011-04-01 ? 12.38.48.png
    ?????? ?????? 2011-04-01 ? 12.38.48.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 133
vintage white, white pg, pr0nstar headstock makes me think yngwie malmsteen more than ritchie blackmore, but then again, i'm not sure who ritchie plays for.

AutoBat said:
vintage white, white pg, pr0nstar headstock makes me think yngwie malmsteen more than ritchie blackmore, but then again, i'm not sure who ritchie plays for.

Mr. Blackmore currently runs a project called "Blackmore Night", which I know little or nothing about. He's most famous for his time as lead guitar in "Deep Purple". He's also 65 years old now, so he's probably not exactly tearin' it up. Deep Purple was big during the "arena rock" era, along with Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Stones, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, etc. who put on massive shows at stadiums and sports arenas where they drew audiences in the 10s of thousands or more. I don't think anybody really does that anymore.

AutoBat said:

you are wrong for some reasons:

1. Blackmore never copied someone, he was blindly copypasted with many people. Malmsteem — is one of these.
2. Blackmore always played for himself and this is a great pleasure for all us to listen him, 'Night' project was never popular on rock stage, but I like it.

New pictures:

Attachments

• CIMG1681.jpg
    CIMG1681.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 116
  • CIMG1690.jpg
    CIMG1690.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 99
  • CIMG1692.jpg
    CIMG1692.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 99
I wish Warmoth offered a "Blackmore scallop" depth, I really like scalloping but the Warmoth ones are at least twice as deep as could possibly make a difference, unless you're playing .008-.038's detuned to C or something.  :toothy10:(remind me NOT to buy that album). :toothy10:

Blackmore was an original.

Nice! Blackmore is one of my biggest "strat" influences, along with Robin Trower. I have a Duncan SSL-2 in the neck of my Warmoth. (Pearly Gates HB in bridge). I can get great MK II era Deep Purple tones with the SSL-2.

Ritchie's Strat is a CBS 3-Bolt with a dummy middle pickup, Fender offers a Ritchie Blackmore Strat model but you took the better DIY route. I was a Deep Purple, Rainbow fan and am a current huge Blackmore's Night fan. Every now and then Ritchie pulls out the Strat much to audience approval, he does not look or act 65. Ritchie's georgous wife Candice Night is a talent in her own right and lead singer for the band. Much of their music was written and composed by Blackmore and Night. Amazing what some people can do with a pencil, guitar and a great voice.  And, I do like your guitar...keep up the good work.

Jason VanNatten said:
Nice! Blackmore is one of my biggest "strat" influences, along with Robin Trower. I have a Duncan SSL-2 in the neck of my Warmoth. (Pearly Gates HB in bridge). I can get great MK II era Deep Purple tones with the SSL-2.

RB always used SSL-4 pickups, made with Seymour W. Duncan personally...

I was thinking about installing set of two SSL-4s into this guitar, but I guess, these Lace's are more modern and sound really gorgeous!
I really like 'Stranger In Us All' album, especially Blackmore's guitar sound there, that's because using exactly Lace Sensors!

Sir Ritchie has got installed 'Lace Sensors Gold' model (of course, they are really custom masterbuild), but my own guitar has 'Lace Sensor Hot Gold' with Hot 13.2K bridge — I preferred this set for more output power and readability.

I also should say in addition, that these pickups, Warmoth body and original Fender neck in combine give really tons of sustain, I am very impressed how my guitar sounds!

NovasScootYa said:
Ritchie's Strat is a CBS 3-Bolt with a dummy middle pickup, Fender offers a Ritchie Blackmore Strat model but you took the better DIY route. I was a Deep Purple, Rainbow fan and am a current huge Blackmore's Night fan. Every now and then Ritchie pulls out the Strat much to audience approval, he does not look or act 65. Ritchie's georgous wife Candice Night is a talent in her own right and lead singer for the band. Much of their music was written and composed by Blackmore and Night. Amazing what some people can do with a pencil, guitar and a great voice.  And, I do like your guitar...keep up the good work.

Thank you so much for support, mate!

In addition, I was thinking too about three-bolt classic CBS neck binding,,, but I guess 4-bolt is more reliable in terns of fixing neck and transporting sound and sustain from neck to body, moreover, I chose 'F' neck plate, so you can see it now:

Attachments

• CIMG1651.jpg
    CIMG1651.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 59
AutoBat said:

It's quite a reduction and oversimplification to limit him to just one thing, but the "Smoke on the Water" riff is Blackmore.

What about the GK3 ?.

I've not seen all that much Blackmore, but I've never seen him appear to use it yet it's on so many of his guitars.

Panthur said:
What about the GK3 ?.

I've not seen all that much Blackmore, but I've never seen him appear to use it yet it's on so many of his guitars.

Roland MIDI system is a great thing, I think about it, yeah

But currently I need to update my amp, something with tubes

He probably just got the synth rig so he can threaten to fire his keyboard player three times a night....  :evil4:

Back