rit clothing dye.

greenlps

so ive used rit clothing dye in the color pink .i mixed one teaspoon to a quarter cup of water. wiped it on and it was really pink.so then i sanded it back and here is the maple without any clear yet.think its going to work out awsome. just thought id post a pic of it to show how cheap color dye works out.off camera i cleared it and it looks amazing!

Attachments

• DSC00067.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 269
RIT clothing dye, water-based wood dye (powder), and 99% of fountain pen inks are just about identical, chemically. It's all just aniline dye. You can dye guitars with ink, you can draw with wood dye.

I've dyed Swamp Ash with printer cartridge refill ink. Came out great. (Granted, it was a pen, and with a CA glue finish over the dye.)
6074562002_27d59c92a1_z.jpg

i only made the pink one. jet city guitars made the ernieball one. i was just practicing placing my logo on with the silkscreen stencil i made.sorry bout that. but i do like how t shirt silk screen ink worked over the pink dye. 3 coats of true oil today then tomorow 3 more .

line6man said:
I've dyed Swamp Ash with printer cartridge refill ink. Came out great. (Granted, it was a pen, and with a CA glue finish over the dye.)
6074562002_27d59c92a1_z.jpg

That must be the most expensive pen ever, if you finished it with printer ink  :laughing7:

Be careful, any first year art student can tell you some dyes are not, for lack of a better word , "archival". as such they will fade quickly and unevenly. I would test a scrap for a week in the sun and see what happens. Good luck

Back