RIP Jimmy Buffet

I didn't realize how much he meant to me until I just listened to some of my favorite tunes and the real tears started to flow. I was never a huge fan, but some of my friends are pretty big "parrotheads". I had the chance to see him one time in the mid-90's. Alpine Valley, Wisconsin, USA. It was a great show (from what I remember :LOL:). There has really never been anyone else like him.

R.I.P., Jimmy.

:cry:

#wow #whoa

and the singer from Smash Mouth. what a horrible labor day weekend. two titans of industry cut down too soon
i'm approaching that age where these things ain't just tragic, but will be Wake-up Calls, if u know what I mean. my body's check engine light has been on for decades but I just keep on driving this husk

Know whatcha mean b'rob ...
Like what buddha said, your body is like a boat or a horse carrying you thru life. Sometimes that old boat gets a little battered.

Last edited:
yeah and sometimes the boat gets diabetes and the horse suffers carpal tunnel from its repetitive computer job (lol, odd that a horse could be considered a jockey (of the desk variety, get it? that's a good joke) in this metaphor)

maybe i'll never start that vegetarian youtube cooking show even though everyone agrees the title "Collared Me Bad" is genius. and i even signed up for my companys 401k, but i'm #nervous about it because i've never run that far. anybody else ever wonder if the only worthwhile thing you'll ever do is provide a real good meal to a coffin?

anybody else ever wonder if the only worthwhile thing you'll ever do is provide a real good meal to a coffin?
No because I've gotten good feedback from others. Plus I take refuge in certain philosophies. We'll see how far they carry me :)

Back