Rickett Customs Warmoth Gecko Build

Bass-Adrenaline

Hey guys, i havnt really bothered making a thread or anything but i figured some of you may want to see my bass build. Rickett Customs is doing the custom work for me. What started as a neck build kind of turned into a larger project. lol

There are over 200 pictures so ill just link you to the albums.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Its being built to my exact specs and there isnt much that isnt custom.

Thanks

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=694200

www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25445&id=100000690223859

www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34280&id=100000690223859

Not everybody has (or wants) a Facebook account, so you might want to pick some exemplary shots and post them to the forum, or place them on a more accessible server.

For now thats where youll be able to view them. Ill put them up through photobucket when i get the chance.

I added a link to the build thread on talk bass but the pics are rather large and theres a lot of them so it may take time to load for those with slower internet.

Cagey said:
Not everybody has (or wants) a Facebook account, so you might want to pick some exemplary shots and post them to the forum, or place them on a more accessible server.

That would be me. My wife has an account, so I can see it that way.

I added a link to the build thread on talk bass for those who dont have facebook access. I know a lot of you will get pissy about it but you can create a facebook account in no time and dont need to provide any personal info aside from an email address which nobody has access to.

The thread on Talk Bass is awesome. That's one helluva project you've commissioned there, and a beautiful instrument coming to life as a result. It's too bad all he's got is a camera phone. Detailed work-in-progress threads on original pieces like that are always highly entertaining and educational.

As far as Facebook is concerned, I'm pretty sure anyone who's not on it knows how to get an account there. It's a conscious choice to avoid it, as it's a rat's nest of spyware and vulnerabilities. Makes the threat board light up like a Christmas tree. I run Linux, and it still trips every security warning I've got. I can't imagine how bad it is for Windows users who actually have some security features enabled. Then, once you've got them all defeated, the site won't respond worth a tinker's damn because all the third-party server-side spyware is holding things up waiting on timeouts from the dozens of scripts and other monitoring devices that aren't responding because they aren't being allowed to do their thing. So, to hell with it.

Thanks, im glad you like it. It did turn out to be A LOT more involved than i thought it was going to be. Originally i just wanted a pretty straight forward neck but as you can tell that changed. There were little things i or the builder kept coming up up with to add or change. There are still a few other things that may be worked in yet as well.

As far as facebook, ive never had a porblem with it but i can see your points and understand.

Im trying to get a straight album with all the picture but photobucket will no cooperate right now so the talkbass thread will have to do for now.

Back