Replacement for Wilkinson VS100

nikosss.b

Hi Everyone,

I have a warmoth Strat with a Wilkinson VS100 bridge. I am looking into changing the bridge as I'm suspecting that it's causing some unwanted string noise on my high E String.
What are some options out there that would be an easy drop replacement? The Gotoh 510TS seems to be a good option, but all the measurements are different; I'm afraid it might not work.
Any suggestions?

Unwanted string noise is probably a saddle issue. Before you get a new bridge saddle (or a whole new bridge) you could try to just swap places with the two outer saddles. Ie put the high e string saddle where the low e is and vice versa. If the string grooves in the saddles aren’t to deep, chances are that the groove that causing the unwanted noise will disappear when the thicker strings sits in the saddle groove.

You can buy aftermarket saddles for that bridge. These Graphtech parts are highly regarded...

ps-8200-00-a.jpg

Shop around for those; I'm not sure you wanna buy 'em right from Graphtech.

Also, there are these little lovelies from Guitar Fetish...

rosaupyotrha.jpg

Substantially less expensive, and more desirable in some ways.

I've used both a number of times and always been happy with the results.

They really are. No string hang-ups, and you don't have to deal with any Rube Goldberg locking scheme.

Thank you for all the responses. I will try swapping the saddles first, then will try the Graphtech ones. The problem with the GFS ones is the color. My bridge is black, I don't think aluminum saddles will look nice on it.

They have black highlights, and the aluminum isn't polished/shiny like chrome, so it's not the end of the world. But, I do understand the desire for presentation consistency.

nikosss.b said:
Thank you for all the responses. I will try swapping the saddles first, then will try the Graphtech ones. The problem with the GFS ones is the color. My bridge is black, I don't think aluminum saddles will look nice on it.

The graphtech saddles are nice.
Slightly flatter tone but not really a big difference.

Back