Regal Build

JPOL007

I am waiting for the wiring to be completed on the RG clone. Decided to let a professional do the job after I fried one of the push / pull pot circuit boards. One of the forum members had a Regal body and Birdseye maple neck for sale this month. I decided it would be fun to try building a 59 want-to-be version with this body. The wiring harness should be here this Saturday.
59 clone Mojo Tone humbuckers
Tone Man 59 spec wiring harness
Hipshot 3 + 3 tuners
TonePros Bridge and tailpiece
Humbucker rings and miscellaneous hardware from Warmoth
Truss rod cover and neck plate by DangerousR6
Body is chambered carve top
Neck is birds eye on birds eye maple 25 1/2" scale with clear satin nitro finish 6150 SS frets

Attachments

• LP Gear.jpg
    LP Gear.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 74
  • R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 54
  • R4.jpg
    R4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
Very nice, Brother.  Was just wondering yesterday if you had been able to put it all together yet.  Looks like a real screamer!  Hope you have years of fun with it!

rick2 said:
Thank you. I'm thinking of putting a gibson conversion scale mahogany and indian rosewood neck on this body. All of my other necks are the gibson conversion type. I have one of them that was going on something else until the Roasted flame maple neck showed up. Now it needs a home and would be kind of period specific for the regal.

rauchman said:
Wow, that looks great.  Fantastic job!
Thanks, I'm thinking of having DangerousR6 make switch and control cavity covers like the neck plate. Give it that old hot rod car brushed aluminum look.

Then you could have the control cavity cover engraved.  Thanks for giving me more ways to spend my money.

rick2 said:
Thanks for giving me more ways to spend my money.
It's all good man...happy to help :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: I'm thinking of having some lines engraved and black added to accent the lines. Give it that finned valve cover look on the muscle big block engines.

Back