Red Strat

SeanM

Here it is. I got the final bits for this build today so it has officially started.

DSC_0399-2.jpg

DSC_0400-2.jpg

DSC_0401-3.jpg

DSC_0402-3.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. This should be a quick build. It's all pre-finished, so just bolting it together and setting it up.

Mr. Man is right - that film isn't likely to come off clean with parts mounted on it.

And don't say you're gonna leave the film on so it looks new forever, or we'll have to hunt you down and batter you about the head and shoulders with that very nice neck.

Cagey & Line6: Parts went on to mock everything up and get the pickguard hole positions marked and drilled, Once the pilot holes were drilled it was the simple task of unscrewing the pickups and pots (which were all finger tight) and peeling away the plastic.

II mstratocaster: The studs will be installed using a Portuguese swing press. For those familiar with the term, Yes it is not the best way of doing it, but I do not have an arbor at home, and I was not going to bring that body to work with me. The press fit between body and bushing is not overly tight so it doesn't take much force to get them in.

Finished it on Friday night

Here it is.
DSC_0403-3.jpg

As a comparison here is the original rendering
Strat2.jpg

looks pretty much exactly like the mockup. nice work. simple and sweet

you'll hafta drill out those white dots and put in black ones if you want it to match your mockup  :toothy12:

AutoBat said:
you'll hafta drill out those white dots and put in black ones if you want it to match your mockup  :toothy12:

They're "Cream" dots, and that was the one exception I made because it was a showcase neck.

This could end up being my #1 guitar, so far after the weekends worth of playing, I'm starting to think this is the guitar I should have built 4 years ago.

That looks awesome, I want one just like it.

I couldn't believe all the crap about the plastic film, that comes off easy

Alfang said:
That looks awesome, I want one just like it.

I couldn't believe all the crap about the plastic film, that comes off easy

Looking at your Avatar, it seems like you have almost the polar opposite guitar.

Back