recessed trem cavities

bpmorton777

i think i saw some posts about this on Jack's VIP post. I have this kind of recessed plate on my early eighties MIJ strat. I think it looks and feels a lot nicer than the ones that are just screwed on top of the back. was unaware that this was not the norm for strat construction. until a few years ago.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
i think i saw some posts about this on Jack's VIP post. I have this kind of recessed plate on my early eighties MIJ strat. I think it looks and feels a lot nicer than the ones that are just screwed on top of the back. was unaware that this was not the norm for strat construction. until a few years ago.

Brian

I'm with you there Brian. I think a recessed plate route would be a great feature. It would be relatively cheap to program, as all the trem cavities are the same on Warmoth bodies and would match up heaps better aesthetically with the rear routed control cavities which are recessed. I would anticipate W would be reluctant to abandon the standard route because of the replacement body market, but if they offered it as an option I'd certainly pay an upcharge if I was building a rear router with a whammy bar.

Back