Re-wiring my ES-137 (Non-Warmoth content)

Well, I dropped the PAFs back in a couple nights ago and learned something valuable: PAFs are definitely what I want in that guitar. I thought I wanted something different, but I was mistaken. It took me some time to admit it to myself  :laughing7:

I still want to do something with the Lollartrons, I really do like what they do even if they weren't the ticket for the ES-137. Short term I'd like to try them in the black-yellow burst Thinline I put together recently with the GFS Dream 90s ( http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=28980.0 ), long term I want to build a Mooncaster around them.......

It's funny how pickups will respond in some platforms. Makes it difficult to recommend anything. Even though the pickup is far and away the largest contributor to the sound of an electric, what sounded great in your [insert guitar here] may sound like horse pucky in your [insert guitar here].

-VB- said:
Well, I dropped the PAFs back in a couple nights ago and learned something valuable: PAFs are definitely what I want in that guitar. I thought I wanted something different, but I was mistaken. It took me some time to admit it to myself  :laughing7:

I still want to do something with the Lollartrons, I really do like what they do even if they weren't the ticket for the ES-137. Short term I'd like to try them in the black-yellow burst Thinline I put together recently with the GFS Dream 90s ( http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=28980.0 ), long term I want to build a Mooncaster around them.......

Ha ha be careful, you're falling into that rabbit hole again.

New pickups don't work so well in guitar? Hmmmm build another guitar!

That happened to me in a project. I project begat two.....because I had some pickups lying around. And then I saw a really nice neck and we were distracted for months on the second guitar.....It's an evil addiction I tell you.  :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7:

It's not an addiction. It's just a matter of being practical. Changing pickups in a guitar is a pain in the shorts. Building a new one is a lot easier. Plus, it's the environmentally responsible thing to do. Where would we be if the landfills started filling up with pickups? They're not biodegradable, y'know.

Re-Pete said:

That happened to me in a project. I project begat two.....because I had some pickups lying around. And then I saw a really nice neck and we were distracted for months on the second guitar.....It's an evil addiction I tell you.  :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7:

Well, funny you should mention. I did just recently order a new neck for a guitar that I had originally built because I had an extra neck and etc. lying around. Which means that shortly (assuming happy resolution of some unfortunate complications) I'll have that same neck just lying around again.....  :toothy12:

-VB- said:
Re-Pete said:

Well, funny you should mention. I did just recently order a new neck for a guitar that I had originally built because I had an extra neck and etc. lying around. Which means that shortly (assuming happy resolution of some unfortunate complications) I'll have that same neck just lying around again.....  :toothy12:

Oh we are soooooo alike.  :laughing7:

That neck I saw on their site and bought is a very lovely piece of wood, but it's proving a stumbling block for me when I play that guitar as it has different specs to other guitars.  So I'm contemplating taking it off and getting a neck that is totally to my specs and then putting the old neck in a frame and using it as art!

Back