Röde Baronen is finished - i.e. my 24" 7/8 Tele

Logrinn

I give you Röde Baronen (yes, I had to change it's name once he came to the world).
It's an alder/alder chambered 7/8 Tele. The neck is a 24" Mustang made of bloodwood with a black ebony fretboard. And with red inlays.
I've chosen cream details since I had an image in my mind of a Gibson SG I once saw in the (similar) color with cream details that I thought looked cool.
The body color is Dakota Red in satin.
It took way longer than expected to finish the build since one of the pickups didn't arrive until the other day.
They are Dimarzios by the way; Humbucker from Hell in the neck position and Steve's Special in the bridge.

148094619116505800_resized.jpg

148094619079367100_resized.jpg

148094619190671600_resized.jpg

148094619150977600_resized.jpg

I'll do some recording with it and post it here as soon as I can.

AirCap said:
I dig the red dots!
Thanks!
Yes, I thought they were a nice touch.
Unfortunately it can be hard to see the dots in certain angles since red is a dark color and the fretboard is, well, dark.
Some might argue that you don't need dots, only side markers, but I have found that I have trouble without them (and I have tried ...).

The white pickups, rings and control knob look good with it, too. Nice job.

Okay, I know it's silly, but this popped into my mind when I saw this beautiful guitar:

CRIMSON-PERMANENT-ASSURANCE-1.jpg

:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

And I was starting to think about these kind of things:

red_electric_guitar_with_christmas_ornaments_postcard-rb5f8582ae2ce4333845c597c1e5fcdb0_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

That is sharp! Nice job.

Bagman67 said:
Okay, I know it's silly, but this popped into my mind when I saw this beautiful guitar:

CRIMSON-PERMANENT-ASSURANCE-1.jpg

Thanks for reminding me of this!

Oh that's amazing! I love the pickups/rings, the cream really matches the red. What back for the neck is that though, Padouk? I totally forgot since you posted your out of the box thread.

Thanks, Axkoa.
It's a bloodwood neck with black ebony fretboard. Extremely slick :party07:

BigSteve22 said:
Simple and sweet, great color combination. Beautiful job.

:icon_thumright:
Great Ape said:
That is pure HOT STUFF, man!!  :icon_thumright:

Ape & Steve; thank you both. Very kind of you to say so. Such praise coming from you gents make me very proud indeed.  :eek:ccasion14:

In your lighting it looks a bit like a purple/red chameleon. Sounds awesome though. Is that volume(?) knob a push pull?

Well done...  :icon_thumright:

DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell, double A's swear checker's gone overboard  :turtle:

Axkoa said:
In your lighting it looks a bit like a purple/red chameleon. Sounds awesome though. Is that volume(?) knob a push pull?
No, it's an ordinary 500k Bourns pot. The only switch is the toggle, but that on the other hand is a 4PDT, that allows me to have the pickups split in the middle position automatically.

stratamania said:
Well done...  :icon_thumright:

DiMarzio Humbucker from H - E - double hockey sticks, double A's swear checker's gone overboard  :turtle:
Thanks!

Yeah, I noticed that after posting the reply  :toothy12:

Back