Quilt VW Project

DangerousR6 said:
By GP Kostas, I meant "general population" as opposed to the guitars that ED would get. The ones in the stores were not even close to what EB made of the EVH model. The reason behind Ed's exodus from EB was the fact that he was involved in a relationship with EB's daughter, and thus had a falling out with EB. Music Man has been making guitars a whole lot longer than Peavey, so I think it would be pretty safe to say EB wasn't short on resources, more like short on temper with Ed's behavior. And I don't doubt for a minute that Ed's proceeds from Peavey were tremendous, given the fact that Peavey had never had such a big name to back their guitars. Think about it, even do some research. No big name musicians ever played Peavey's, except for maybe a few noname country musicians.
My mistake, I confused GP with Guitar Center  :icon_scratch:
Didn't know the gossip about EB's daughter, all I know was an old interview of EVH explaining the situation. He never mentioned that... I do believe though that Peavey has the tools and facilities to produce more guitars and actually make great guitars as those in the link made by their custom shop. They have made LOTS of money with their guitar/bass amps and studio/PA systems from the 70's until now all over the world. They can do even better amps, but they always choose to play in mid price categories. On the other hand, EB have chosen smaller production and pricier guitars. It's a matter of strategy, the direction a company wants to follow.

Photos as promised.

Front view.
3244487990_18388cfeae_b.jpg

3243657637_9c4aa2af87_b.jpg

Back view.
3243659693_36069629e3_b.jpg

Front with Bridge installed.
3243658177_12fd8e7ede_b.jpg

Side view.
3243659179_5e2629222b_b.jpg

I have the neck on order, going with a 24.75 scale, Warmoth head stock, Wenge/Jet black ebony, Standard thin, SS6105 frets, Graphtec nut, no inlays (side dots only), Shaller locking tuners.

Pick ups will be BKP Riff Raff calibrated set (Love the new pound to SS rate!)

Going to wire it basic, 3 position switch 2 Vol one tone (I think).

Should have every thing in the next 6 weeks or so.

V/R
Bill

HAHAHA so im look at this guitar like this is a really cool shape, and then when i noticed someone said ernie ball that i had that guitar. Unfortunately it think mine is an intermediate guitar, but does play nice. Maybe i will get a replacement neck for it.

rounce55 said:
HAHAHA so im look at this guitar like this is a really cool shape, and then when i noticed someone said ernie ball that i had that guitar. Unfortunately it think mine is an intermediate guitar, but does play nice. Maybe i will get a replacement neck for it.
The real McCoy...This is my '95 EVH sig, last year of production..
2349247808_f7266c9ffe.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
rounce55 said:

thats what i have but a different trem

That thing looks pretty sharp man.  :party07:

Wish I'd discovered warmoth before they got rid of these...

Awesome!

+1 on the new EVH guitar being avaiable by Warmoth, think it's very good looking, but please, makes the Peavey headstock, this one is ugly as hell...

rounce55 said:
DangerousR6 said:
rounce55 said:

thats what i have but a different trem
If yours has a different trem, then it's probably the OLP,  which is made in like China I think. Cause the EVH sigs were either a OFR or hardtail. It's possible you have an AXIS, they may have had some different trems on those, as there were many more options for the AXIS. But if it has a 4 bolt neck plate, then it's a OLP.

Yes it is an OLP i know for a fact. BTW do you know how much those cost? I got it for xmas a few years ago and i estimated around 500. I could always check google.

rounce55 said:
Yes it is an OLP i know for a fact. BTW do you know how much those cost? I got it for xmas a few years ago and i estimated around 500. I could always check google.
Pretty cheap on ebay, I think my brother got his for like $299. But his has a fake floyd rose on it...

yeah thats the exact guitar but has that red paint job ad a different knob. It actually sounds pretty nice.

rounce55 said:
yeah thats the exact guitar but has that red paint job ad a different knob. It actually sounds pretty nice.
My brother put some SD's in his, and it sounds pretty good now. Sounded like crap with stock pup's...

I want to put my Gibson 498T(i think) on them but I don't currently havea sodering gun. The Gibson came from my explorer that i replaced with Invaders.

rounce55 said:
I want to put my Gibson 498T(i think) on them but I don't currently havea sodering gun. The Gibson came from my explorer that i replaced with Invaders.
Invaders are awesome, got one in my Warmoth VW..... :icon_thumright:

Back