Quilt VW Project

riverbluff

Senior member
Messages
733
Looking forward to the delivery of this tomorrow...

I ordered a Wenge/Jet Black Ebony neck (No inlays, SS6105, Graphite Nut, Standard thin) for it yesterday. 

Planning on BKP Nailbomb (bridge)/Mule (neck) pickups.

Better pics once it arrives.

Really looking forward to this.  I wanted a VW from the first moment I started looking at Warmoth, but missed out on the bodies before and during the fire sale.

V/R

Bill

 

blue313

Senior member
Messages
2,824
Same here, I wish I had gotten in on that fire sale.  Sounds like a cool project.  :icon_thumright:
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
Wow... :eek:, that's going to be a real jem there Bill. Where'd you pick that beauty up at?

I love my VeeDub, it plays better than the real thing... :headbang1:
 

riverbluff

Senior member
Messages
733
I was able to buy it from someone advetising it in the For sale section of the forum.  He poped on here prior to putting it on eBay.
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
riverbluff said:
I was able to buy it from someone advetising it in the For sale section of the forum.  He poped on here prior to putting it on eBay.
Sweet, so you got the op to get it b4 it got drastically over bid on.... :hello2:

Any ideas on the neck plate you spoke of, anything special rolling around in your knoggin'? :dontknow:
 

GoDrex

Senior member
Messages
3,619
riverbluff said:
I was able to buy it from someone advetising it in the For sale section of the forum.  He poped on here prior to putting it on eBay.
 

riverbluff

Senior member
Messages
733
Package arrived today.  Still in original Warmoth box.  Man I couldn't be happier.  The body is amazing.  I was surprised at how small the VW body is.  Super lite as well.

I lost the ebay auction for what I was going to use for pick ups so I am thinking a BBQ set.

I'll post some additional pics soon.

V/R

Bill
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
riverbluff said:
Package arrived today.  Still in original Warmoth box.  Man I couldn't be happier.  The body is amazing.  I was surprised at how small the VW body is.  Super lite as well.

I lost the ebay auction for what I was going to use for pick ups so I am thinking a BBQ set.

I'll post some additional pics soon.

V/R

Bill
Well, we're waiting Bill... :blob7:
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
dmraco said:
WARMOTH>>>>>PLEASE BRING THIS BODY BACK!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible. As they were asked by EB to stop...But there are other sources that still do..... :glasses9:
 

Mor Paul

Senior member
Messages
7,238
DangerousR6 said:
dmraco said:
WARMOTH>>>>>PLEASE BRING THIS BODY BACK!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible. As they were asked by EB to stop...But there are other sources that still do..... :glasses9:
The difference is that the other sources don't blow EB out of the water :toothy12:
 

dmraco

Senior member
Messages
4,651
DangerousR6 said:
dmraco said:
WARMOTH>>>>>PLEASE BRING THIS BODY BACK!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible. As they were asked by EB to stop...But there are other sources that still do..... :glasses9:

they should mod it to be closer to the EVH...
http://www.evhgear.com/wolfgang/guitar.php
they could get a couple out before EVH get to them.... :toothy10: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:
 

Mor Paul

Senior member
Messages
7,238
Eh...
the EVH looks like a Strat and VW had a deformed baby.

And W has a Fender license, and EVH brand is owned by the big F :p
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
dmraco said:
DangerousR6 said:
dmraco said:
WARMOTH>>>>>PLEASE BRING THIS BODY BACK!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible. As they were asked by EB to stop...But there are other sources that still do..... :glasses9:

they should mod it to be closer to the EVH...
http://www.evhgear.com/wolfgang/guitar.php
they could get a couple out before EVH get to them.... :toothy10: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:
Never cared for the wolfgang, none of the ones I ever played were any comparison the the EB's. So in true Peavey guitar building style, they were junk...I'm sure Ed's were top notch, but the ones sold to the GP were crapola. Peavey's amps on the other hand are a different story..They have always been solid amp builders..
 

Kostas

Senior member
Messages
1,381
DangerousR6 said:
Never cared for the wolfgang, none of the ones I ever played were any comparison the the EB's. So in true Peavey guitar building style, they were junk...I'm sure Ed's were top notch, but the ones sold to the GP were crapola. Peavey's amps on the other hand are a different story..They have always been solid amp builders..
Not sure what you played on GP Doug but Peavey made some great looking guitars. Never played one and I'm sure I wouldn't like the skinny neck or the Floyd but as EVH said, Peavey had more capabilities than EB. They could do more things and EB just couldn't. That and the money made him choose Peavey over EB. I prefer the Wolfgang's shape but EB is a fine shape too. I would certainly made one in the future if Warmoth still had this shape. Or I would have made one in the past if I had found one in the showcase I liked but they always had just a few of them... :dontknow:

Check some cool ones http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/CustomShop.htm
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
Kostas said:
DangerousR6 said:
Never cared for the wolfgang, none of the ones I ever played were any comparison the the EB's. So in true Peavey guitar building style, they were junk...I'm sure Ed's were top notch, but the ones sold to the GP were crapola. Peavey's amps on the other hand are a different story..They have always been solid amp builders..
Not sure what you played on GP Doug but Peavey made some great looking guitars. Never played one and I'm sure I wouldn't like the skinny neck or the Floyd but as EVH said, Peavey had more capabilities than EB. They could do more things and EB just couldn't. That and the money made him choose Peavey over EB. I prefer the Wolfgang's shape but EB is a fine shape too. I would certainly made one in the future if Warmoth still had this shape. Or I would have made one in the past if I had found one in the showcase I liked but they always had just a few of them... :dontknow:

Check some cool ones http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/CustomShop.htm
By GP Kostas, I meant "general population" as opposed to the guitars that ED would get. The ones in the stores were not even close to what EB made of the EVH model. The reason behind Ed's exodus from EB was the fact that he was involved in a relationship with EB's daughter, and thus had a falling out with EB. Music Man has been making guitars a whole lot longer than Peavey, so I think it would be pretty safe to say EB wasn't short on resources, more like short on temper with Ed's behavior. And I don't doubt for a minute that Ed's proceeds from Peavey were tremendous, given the fact that Peavey had never had such a big name to back their guitars. Think about it, even do some research. No big name musicians ever played Peavey's, except for maybe a few noname country musicians.
 
Top