Quilt Top Tele Build

Chris_g

Just got notice that my Tele body is finished and out for delivery. I ordered August 2nd and was told I’d be lucky to get it by Christmas. I was really surprised to see the email.

Specs:
Modern Tele
Chambered Roasted Swamp Ash
Quilted Maple Top (see pics)
Purple Dye with natural masked edges
Clear gloss
Tele pick up routes
Vintage bridge
Forearm and tummy cuts, with contoured heel.

I’ve already ordered a plain roasted maple neck. I didn’t go flame maple because I though it would be a little too much to have a quilt top and a flame maple neck. I’m planning to put chrome Hipshot hardware (tuners and bridge) and Fishman Greg Koch Gristletone Tele set. No pickup…I’m not covering up that beautiful maple top!

The attached pics are from the showcase. I’ll post pics of the finished product when it gets here on Tuesday.

Attachments

• 522304FA-45B2-4D3D-BB13-6EADFE805EAF.jpeg
    522304FA-45B2-4D3D-BB13-6EADFE805EAF.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 67F87FED-20E1-49B0-81AC-0D8F686D3C94.jpeg
    67F87FED-20E1-49B0-81AC-0D8F686D3C94.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 60
Still waiting on parts from Hipshot — chrome bridge and locking tuners. They said they’re “behind on production”. Ordered in late October, just a friendly PSA in case you were thinking of ordering.

Still waiting on parts from Hipshot — chrome bridge and locking tuners. They said they’re “behind on production”. Ordered in late October, just a friendly PSA in case you were thinking of ordering.
Well that stinks! Did you order direct from Hipshot? I always order my Hipshot parts from Sporthitech

Ordered through a local shop. They give really good discounts. I’ve ordered before and it didn’t take long. It’s just bad timing.

PSA: The control cavity required a little routing to fit the battery on the control plate. This is a Warmoth standard Tele route so if you’re going this route just know you can’t just drop it in.

Also, I’m not doing the work. It’s being put together by Chris at Flippin’ Guitars in Haymarket, VA. http://www.flippinguitars.com/

Hit him up for any kind of custom work. He’s been working on all of my guitars for years and he’s the only one I trust.

Last edited:
Very nice looking guit! Approx how much does the Fishman battery itself weigh?

Back