Questions about Soloist body and Gotoh GE-1996T

from a previous post in May I understand there may be dremelling required to make these bridges fit, I didn't realise how tight Warmoth's floyd route is - I assume it's not just a one off thing and that all their OFR routes are like that?

Did anyone actually drill out the holes for Gotoh trem, as they are not only wider and taller? I don't want any structural issues

I've seen and had guitars with floyd rose that couldn't pullup much due to a tight cavity which stops the trem block, I've even had the underside screw of the trem bar grind on the cavity, any users with Warmoth soloist and floyd rose recess can chime in? If I can pullup 7-8 semitones from open G string that's all I could ever want

The Gotoh's 43mm GHL-2 nut comes in a 15" radius, any issues if I just use a Floyd shelf as I want a 12" radius?

Last edited:
from a previous post in May I understand there may be dremelling required to make these bridges fit, I didn't realise how tight Warmoth's floyd route is - I assume it's not just a one off thing and that all their OFR routes are like that?

Did anyone actually drill out the holes for Gotoh trem, as they are not only wider and taller? I don't want any structural issues

I've seen and had guitars with floyd rose that couldn't pullup much due to a tight cavity which stops the trem block, I've even had the underside screw of the trem bar grind on the cavity, any users with Warmoth soloist and floyd rose recess can chime in? If I can pullup 7-8 semitones from open G string that's all I could ever want

The Gotoh's 43mm GHL-2 nut comes in a 15" radius, any issues if I just use a Floyd shelf as I want a 12" radius?
You’ll need to use a Floyd nut. The mounting hole pattern is slightly different. And as far as the studs, unless you have a good drill press setup and lots of confidence then just use Floyd studs. I would honestly say go for the non recessed route if you want to use a Gotoh Floyd since no modification is necessary, if you insists on recessed then honestly just use the good old OFR. I will admit that I think the Gotoh is a slightly better design.

Back