Question on lockin' tuners.

jalbertochavez said:
Is there a limit to how thick a string gauge locking tuners will accept?  :help:

yes. on sperzels, I believe the maximum is .52. I have no idea whats the maximum on the schallers nor the planet waves or gotoh/kluson.

Orpheo said:
jalbertochavez said:
Is there a limit to how thick a string gauge locking tuners will accept?  :help:

yes. on sperzels, I believe the maximum is .52. I have no idea whats the maximum on the schallers nor the planet waves or gotoh/kluson.

Thanks for the info Orpheo. Does anyone else know string gauge limits for Gotoh/Kluson or Schaller locking tuners? Or has anyone else had experience with thick strings in lockin' tuners? I'm thinkin' of puttin' .10-.52s through some lockin' tuners (if possible) on my next Warmoth.

I've had no problem with 10-46's on a tele with planet waves tuners.  The planet waves people are pretty good.  Write them an email.  They'll know for sure. just google their website.

Can one use 0.52 on Mini Grover tuners, like the ones on Gibson Explorers? Just wondering.

I tried Schallers on my bari, and I couldn't get the .068 low E through. Replaced them with Planet Waves, which have no problem with .068, but don't lock as well on the high E.

Back