Question about the turtle's lead and shipping times???

theklanch

:icon_scratch: Well I am at the 4 1/2 week point on my wait.  I was wondering if anyone ordered anything around 11-20-08?  I ordered my Lefty WGD on that date and still no word from the Terrapin.  I sent my salesman a question two weeks ago and he said my body was routed and still a couple weeks from shipping.  Do they take a break for the holidays?  Cause if they do, I'm not getting my body till after new years.  It is a Christmas present for me and I guess I'm getting like a kid and being anxious.  But anyway I was just wondering if anybody was having anything custom built from around that timeframe if they got their stuff yet.  I cannot imagine Warmoth being all THAT busy with the economy the way it is.

Anyway I guess I am wondering how they are timewise with the custom builds?  I realize they are a production shop and they don't do these one at a time, buy wow I could have had this woodwork done in less than a week including glue up time.  In my experience with anything custom made (I have a Harley with some custom parts and a quad that is almost all custom parts) the company will say 4-6 weeks lead time and you have your product in 2-3 weeks.  I just wander what is taking so long.  Maybe I have to wait longer cause it's a lefty and in the guitar world if you need anything left handed, you must wait.  In fact I got a fortune cookie that read, "Left hand player wait long time for instrument, learn  RIGHT way"  Maybe my WGD looks so good that they want to love it long time?  :dontknow:

So, yeah ok I need another cup of coffee before I start ranting, but I was wondering if the pre thanksgiving customers are tooling on their instruments or still waiting for the big brown truck to show up and make their day..............?  Can any of you Big W employees on the forum find out what is happening for me on this?  I'm gonna call today and bug you guys cause if it can be shipped out this week I'll pay for expedited shipping.....

Thanks in advance

Feel free to call if you're really antsy.  Please remember there are hundreds of orders going simultaneously.  Yes, Warmoth is *that* busy with customers all around the globe.

A 4 - 6 week lead time is nothing in the world of custom guitar parts.  Try contacting the Fender Custom Shop and see what their lead time is.

I placed an order the first week of December and don't expect anything until Feb.    :eek:  They said 6-10 weeks.  Just to keep myself in check, I'm adding a few weeks to my expectations, so if it gets here any sooner, then I'll be super happy  :toothy10:.

My  order was totally custom, and subsequently non-returnable.  Rear-Routed-Double F hole thinline, strat neck pocket, recessed tune-o-matic, two p-90 routes, Mahogany body with a Bubinga top.  She's gonna be pretty.

I got my body and neck on the minimum time stimated...

but:
Wyliee said:
A 4 - 6 week lead time is nothing in the world of custom guitar parts.  Try contacting the Fender Custom Shop and see what their lead time is.

That's true! Heard Jackson C.S. is about year to put the hands on, can't remember Fender, but wasn't something roughly close to Warmoth...
Even luthiers take about 3 months do build it (the ones which do repairs and adjustes, the ones only building I believe can do something about month, but it's one or two same time, not many)

My custom built TFS6 was 2 years on the waiting list, then I passed on several quilt maple laminate tops before finding the "one" which delayed it by another 6 months.

Now if the snow will let up so folks won't be snowed in at home.  This weather has been brutal to our staff.

All is good it is on it's way.  You know how it is waiting for something like a guitar body.  I'd rather pluck out my beard one hair at a time.  Thanks for the help today Tony I talked to you on the phone.  I just couldn't wait anymore  :blob7:

To anyone that hasn't ever called the Turtle, let me say they are awesome.    In the age of:

"Press or say one for this the typical  run around, press or say two for sportswear and hosiery, press or say three for houseware and childrens shoes........I'm sorry I didn't hear you.  Lets try again.   Press or say one for this the typical  run around, press or say two for sportswear and hosiery, press or say three for houseware and childrens shoes........I'm sorry I didn't hear you. Let me transfer you to an operator.  Click, beeboopbeeep, (ok think of some 'on hold music') We are sorry to keep you waiting your call is extremely important to us and will be answered in the order it was received.  We are experiencing an unusually high call volume at this time please continue to hold and your call will be answered in the order it was received.  Your wait time will be less than 867 minutes  (More hold music)" 

You are not gonna hear that when you call.  A real person answering the phone, WOW

So yeah to sum it all up it's pretty cool to hear "Good Morning, Warmoth this is insert name of a really good guy. How may I help you?" Now watch after my rant they are gonna get pounded with  so many calls that they will need an answering system.

theklanch said:
    "We are experiencing an unusually high call volume at this time please continue to hold and your call will be answered in the order it was received.  Your wait time will be less than 867 minutes  (More hold music)" 

Now watch after my rant they are gonna get pounded with  so many calls that they will need an answering system.
I love how no matter when you call, there's always an unusually high volume.

Yup, it's no secret that W has some great service. Spike warned me of a funky grain in my guitar neck, and offered a decent discount. It's pretty hard to find, too. Even with pics of the deformity highlighted.

Even I have good impression from the (only) call I did, John didn't felt messed for having to speak slower than normal...  :)

Back