Push-Push Pots with solid shafts

Frankie Chestnuts

Since I've tried them, I'll never go back to Push-Pull pots. Looking for a source for Push-Push audio pots with solid shafts. I see Allparts has them in split shafts. Any idea of a source? Thanks all.

That's a good question. I had to make aluminum spacers to fill the splits in mine so I could use non knurled knobs with set screws.

Thanks all. I've tried the brass sleeves, but the knobs still don't tighten up well. I'm going to go in and try to pry open the split shaft to make the sleeve fit tighter.

Thanks all. I've tried the brass sleeves, but the knobs still don't tighten up well. I'm going to go in and try to pry open the split shaft to make the sleeve fit tighter.
If you fill the slot like I did, then put a sleeve on if necessary, it'll tighten up fine.

Maybe sleeve on first, then wedge a shim in the shaft?

Push-push pots are pretty rare, only Yamaha offered them for a long time.

I’m kind of partial to the push-push pots. Spreading the split shaft along with the brass sleeve seems to be working fairly well.

alternatively, you could order the split shaft push/push pot and buy a replacement knob that pushes on. In researching, it appears that Bourns makes the push-push pot with a solid shaft that fender uses, but they don't seem to sell it to the general public.

Back