Profile name and pictures

Phrygian is a legacy screen name I choose for myself back in '94 when I first started getting on the internet (and IRC) through my local freenet via a 2400 bps modem.  There was a period in the very early '90s when I ''discovered'' modes and became obsessed with them... being able to see the whole-tone/semi-tone patterns laid-out on keyboard instruments (the white-key vs black-key patterns, i.e., "--T-T-s-T-T-T-s-T-T-s-T-T-T-s-T-T--) and relating that to intervals and ultimately guitar was revolutionary for me.

My avatar is an image from my Myspace.com days.  It's just a picture of me playing a Strat on stage that I GIMPed.  :)

Wow - you realize that the young folks on the site are now Googling "IRC", "freenet" and "2400 baud modem"  :eek:

Like you I used all that technology.  We're old!

Riverbluff was the street I lived on and it bacame my user name for everything.  The KISS Alive Avatar was picked because I am a hugh KISS fan and Alive an awsome album.

My name is derived from an ageless incantation unspeakable by human tongues, undecipherable by the minds of the sane! I am known only in the terrified nachtmares of the forbidden unmourned; imprisoned in the shadows!

That's me in the picture, but usually I wear glasses.

:tard:

My name is two part.  A priori is a latin term which means "that which comes before" (or something like that).  In the discussion of modern thought process, it means "knowledge before experience" or that some important (my value judgment) knowledge exists in the world apart from human experience.  Some concepts exist without us and without our understanding. 

Bored yet?  K.

The second part is that my name is Mark.  WHOA, SLOW DOWN.  I know, sorry to drop so much knowledge.

Oh, the avatar I'm uploading is my 2 year old boy on Halloween.  He keeps me in line.

-Mark

dmraco...just a version of my name....as far as the photo....I guess I just gotta have that cowbell.

rockskate4x said:
dmraco said:
dmraco...just a version of my name....as far as the photo....I guess I just gotta have that cowbell.

I've gotta FEVER!  :laughing7:
cant find the original....but...
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4royOLtvmQ[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM[/youtube]

My Avatar is my cat "Little Fatty," which my college roommate gave her as a nickname, so her given name never stuck.

My moniker is a ironic nod to the overpretentious prefixes and suffixes like Super, Uber, Limited, Custom, Deluxe, Special, Super, Executive, and so forth.  One of my neighbors used to attach those to words in conversation like, "What a Turbo Dork" or "That dude is a Goober Deluxe."  It's kind of a self-deprecating moniker as I am a big fan of self-deprecating humor.

My name stems from the fact that I'm a reptilian overlord.  Yes, I'm one of those responsible for the brain waves that the tinfoil hatters are all paranoid about.

My avatar is essentially Nigel Tufnel immortalized in cult-of-personality propaganda style, and... let's face it - Nigel could do a far better job. 

:laughing7:

AprioriMark said:
Oh, the avatar I'm uploading is my 2 year old boy on Halloween.  He keeps me in line.

-Mark

You've got a little cutie there!  I've got a 3 year old and a 6 month old. 

Busy times.

Back