Profile name and pictures

CrackedPepper

I thought it mignt be interesting in hearing how people came up with their name on this website and why they picked the avatar that they did.  For those of you who use your name and a pic of yourself, it will be obvious but there are some unusual names on this forum.

My story is simple - I try to use the same name on other sites.  I started using my current name because my first intial/last name was taken when I tried to register on a website forum years ago.  I needed to come up with something quickly and I was eating a bag of salt and cracked pepper flavored potato chips.  Hence the name, CrackedPepper.

While it changes from time to time, my current avatar came from this site but I saw it for the first time years ago.  I used to write software applications but I think anyone who has worked with computers can relate to the feeling expressed by this animated gif!  Cannot figure out why it isn't animated like some avatars are on this site but that's probably for the best since animations can sometimes be annoying.

In junior high I fell in love with Battlebots on Comedy Central. Fighting remote-controlled robots slaughtering each other in a giant Lexan box, what's not to love, right? My favorite was the then-heavyweight champion, Son of Whyachi. So for roughly the last nine years I've been using, "whyachi," everywhere I go, as its never taken. Whyachi is my username on this forum, actually, but my display name is kG.

knucklehead G came about by me trying to be clever and liking it. I kept getting sick of people asking me how to spell Whyachi, and began looking for alternatives. Nine years and my mother still calls for my email address on a regular basis.

Well, during my 17-day stint in boot camp at Fort Jackson, I was nicknamed Knucklehead by the sergeants. I never asked why. When I got back I stuck a G on the end of it to make sure I'd be able to get it on forums. Note the last four letters... knucklhEAD G.

My avatar is me. I picked it because it's me.

my name is Jay Swearingen  :dontknow:  not too exciting there haha and i picked the avatar because my old avatar had a picture of me holding my RG570. the RG570 has been sold, so i felt a little bad having a picture with it. i love the catchy song on geico's commercials (download it for free on their website!) so naturally i went with the geico wad of money as my new avatar.

My profile name is the one I use as a backup when (for whatever reason "Skajaquada" cannot be used).

In this case I used it because it was guitar-related - my first non-pawn shop piece o' junk guitar was a Gibson Explorer Voodoo, which I still own and love.  (Skajaquada is the beast from the song "Flight of the Skajaquada" by Green Jellÿ)

My avatar is a pic of the first (and currently only) Warmoth I've built.  With any luck, more will follow.   :eek:ccasion14:

Good topic - I've actually thought about posting something like it myself but forgot all about it due to Circumstances.

I've used my username since ca. 1997-8, it's just my first initial and full last name. It's rarely taken, but when it is I use "Total Biscuit" or "kbo714". My avatar is me, showcasing my two moods.

Oh, and in games I use "kboooman"  :icon_biggrin:

My last name is Mullins and all my friends call me Mully. Besides guitar my other passion is playing pool. I played professionally through the 90's and then backed out because of a bunch of political, in the pool world, bullsh!t that was going on at the end of the 90's. At one of the pool rooms I used to go to in Cincinnati there was a guy there that would, every time I walked in the door, scream really loud "MULLYMAAAAAAAAAN!" So, when I started on the net back in the mid 90's I needed a username and the place I was signing up at needed at least 6 letters so, I went with mullyman.

As for why I sign my name in all caps, I used to be on a band's mailing list and there were about 300 members mailing back and forth every day. I started signing my name in caps so I could pick it out of the mass of posts. No to mention it's in all caps on the back of my Bengals jersey. It just stuck that way. So, please, call me MULLY.

As for my avatar, I used to have a photo of me with Eddie Van Halen but switched it to Gene Simmons because, well, he's Gene. No matter how corny KISS my be, Gene Simmons is bad ass!!
MULLY

Nothing too cool for me - last name is Farnsworth, as a kid I got called "farny" and my first name is Tim, etc. My avatar was from the old Simpsons movie site, they had an app where you could make your own Simpsons - style likeness. My avatar is how I would look in the Simpsons world.

tfarny said:
Nothing too cool for me - last name is Farnsworth, as a kid I got called "farny" and my first name is Tim, etc. My avatar was from the old Simpsons movie site, they had an app where you could make your own Simpsons - style likeness. My avatar is how I would look in the Simpsons world.

No, you should look like this:
Prof._Farnsworth.jpg

The Simpsons and Futurama are similar enough. :blob7:

My son came up with this name, he just made it up one day when he started playen Command and conquer, he's a gamer, well I thought it was a cool game, so I booted him off my comp and took over the name,

I also use this same online name for everything I do online, to this day I don't know what Alfang means or what one is, But alot of people think I'm a terrorist from afghanistan, If that were the case I would be Achmed

And surprisingly My avitar is a guitar, my latest W build

Alfang said:
to this day I don't know what Alfang means or what one is

The Alfgang was a short-lived Danish automobile, manufactured in Silkeborg by one M. Alfgang from 1912 to 1914. Only two cars were built before World War I stopped production. The cars used French-built engines from an unknown company.

hey me?  I'm just in major isolation.... deeply embedded as they say... in the Florida swampland.

just initials for me, the = signs are a throwback to the old US Army Air Force insignia

the picture....from The Prisoner, one of the best TV series ever done

Guitlouie is my super alter ego, able to carry skinny white singers on his back, bend B strings 3 and a half steps, leap over drunken bass players, wallowing in the spilled beer on the floor of some unsuspecting rube who thought having bands play at his house party would be a good idea, all whilst tap dancing over a plethora of fuzz boxes, distortion pedals, overdrives and phasers. 

The Return Of part was added after I deleted my old account to go do super hero stuff. 

The pic in my avatar is the cover of an excellent recording by a 70's Krautrock band named Dzyan.  I used to change my pic all the time, but this one kind of got stuck there since the forum was having upload issues.  Guess that's fixed now, so by the time you read this it may or may not be different.

Back in my days as an undergrad, some friends and I were having an enlightened (read: drunken) conversation on the topic of erogenous zones. When you say it with a slur, it comes out roughly as "Erogenous Jones." It seemed hilarious at the time and I've been using it as my internet handle and alter ego ever since. I even have a logo. It's considerably less funny now, but I'm sort of stuck with it.

My display pic changes somewhat often, usually to display which of my guitars I'm enamored with at a given time. Right now it's a classy B&W photo of me at my first (acoustic) show with my band. I'm playing a Norman; gotta love Canadian guitars!

Mine's a name that was randomly assigned to me in Unreal Tournament.  For some unknown reason it became very easy to remember.

My avatar is not what I wanted it to be.  I accidentally changed it to a wrong one......and now I cant find the pic I wanted in the first place.

At home I kept refering to the Warmoth guitar build I was planning as the Superbeast and I live kind of near highway 520 in Seattle thus Superbeast520....

Back