Profile name and pictures

My name is actually Hannah, but in high school I took 3 years of German.  In class everyone would say my name in this gutteral kind of way that I thought was amusing, so hannaugh is my idea of what it would look like if it was spelled the way they were saying it.  My avatar is just a pic of me.  It's a few years old now though, I should change it. 

I'll regret it forever but...

back on 1st year of high school, the nickname that makes you angrier is the one that stays with you forever... my nick is a combination of BOTH nicknames that I didn't like...
"Joselito - The Nonsense" is a characterer from a MTV Brazil, self explanation by the nonsense (I was a lot and still am)
Teletubbies.... Don't know really why someone called me as it, but was just when someone said the triangle on the purple one head was a gay simbol... I yelled at everybody and now everybody calls me Tele since so, it's not my "main name" (not counting work and mom, on work my friends call me "pooh" from winnie the pooh - in did this nickname was given to me a month or so before the Tele, but they *discovered* only this one :p )

My pic is me being silly - old too, I'm fatter and with beard now

The ByteFrenzy handle dates back to when I moved from computer support into telecoms. I needed a username and started picturing all these poor bits and bytes that have to run around like crazy every time we do something over the internet, like now...

The avatar is me playing my Warmoth Thunderbird in its original incarnation, with the W headstock. I've also had a picture of me on vacaion in France. Thinking of it, it is probably time for a bit of change... it's now me in France working on another bass, the one from the body blank.

I like things short, simple, and easy to remember, plus my name is Jay. The pic (for now) was my first complete Warmoth project.

NonsenseTele said:
I'll regret it forever but...

back on 1st year of high school, the nickname that makes you angrier is the one that stays with you forever... my nick is a combination of BOTH nicknames that I didn't like...
"Joselito - The Nonsense" is a characterer from a MTV Brazil, self explanation by the nonsense (I was a lot and still am)
Teletubbies.... Don't know really why someone called me as it, but was just when someone said the triangle on the purple one head was a gay simbol... I yelled at everybody and now everybody calls me Tele since so, it's not my "main name" (not counting work and mom, on work my friends call me "pooh" from winnie the pooh - in did this nickname was given to me a month or so before the Tele, but they *discovered* only this one :p )

My pic is me being silly - old too, I'm fatter and with beard now

I always thought that your name was related to the spalted maple tele that you are usually holding/hugging in your original pic  :icon_biggrin:

oh, and my name is just my name..  I think this is the only forum on which I use my actual name :)

my picture is of Father Jack! he rocks!

When I made my name was a bit of a couch potato so I was going to go with something around those lines. "Couch Potato" wasn't the most original name so I just replaced potato with Spud. For some reason people found it hilarious. I've used it for everything ever since, although I'm not as much of a couch dweller these days.

The avatar is just a pic of me with a mustache made of post-it notes that I turned into a campaign poster.

My kids both had bands during their high school years and they always told their friends that I had tonar instead of sonar because I could tell the difference between a crappy sounding amp and a good one through walls. So they would plug into one of my amps to prove their point and inevitably I’d stick my head into the music room and yell at them to quit using my equipment. 8353 spells Tele on phone keys. I was going through a huge Tele phase in my life.

The picture is of Daniel Castro’s gold Tele that I painted for him several years back.  It is any exceptional guitar!

JIMBO. - My name is James, but the nickname kinda stuck about 7-8 years ago or so. Its a bit more popular with my bike friends. I do a bit o' downhill mountain biking. And when I ride, I do kind of "jimbo" my way down the mountain.

My build is only missing tuners, input jack, neck plate, knobs, and strap-locks.. so a photo of the new guitar is imminent!
For now though, just a shot I took of Mt. Rainier a few years back.

I have owned a fair share of sustainer equipped guitars. The Edge made me pick up the guitar in the first place. He is off course playing a Fernandes Retrorocket with sustainer in the avatar.

kboman said:
Good topic - I've actually thought about posting something like it myself but forgot all about it due to Circumstances.

I've used my username since ca. 1997-8, it's just my first initial and full last name. It's rarely taken, but when it is I use "Total Biscuit" or "kbo714". My avatar is me, showcasing my two moods.

Oh, and in games I use "kboooman"  :icon_biggrin:

In my mind I've always read your posts as KBO-MAN.  I figured KBO was something European that I wasn't aware of, and you were just really into this KBO.

Nightclub Dwight is a character that runs throughout the Lifter Puller saga.  Lifter Puller is the predecessor to The Hold Steady, my favorite band.

If you have never heard of either band, I highly recommend both, but especially THS.  Phenomenal guitar tone.

Nightclub Dwight said:
kboman said:
Good topic - I've actually thought about posting something like it myself but forgot all about it due to Circumstances.

I've used my username since ca. 1997-8, it's just my first initial and full last name. It's rarely taken, but when it is I use "Total Biscuit" or "kbo714". My avatar is me, showcasing my two moods.

In my mind I've always read your posts as KBO-MAN.  I figured KBO was something European that I wasn't aware of, and you were just really into this KBO.

Hehe... Well I do use KBO from time to time (KBO Design when I did websites for example) because it's a simple and memorable abbreviation.

It has other uses as well - inspired by E.S.T. (Esbjörn Svensson Trio, a phenomenal jazz outfit) and another Swedish band called Bo Kasper's Orkester (BKO - see where this is going? :)) I'll probably call any future touring bands the Karl Boman Orchestra/KBO. Possibly maybe. If I get to tour and all that...

Marko said:
I always thought that your name was related to the spalted maple tele that you are usually holding/hugging in your original pic  :icon_biggrin:

The Nonsense Telecaster came from my nickname, at 15 years old I start to say to someones that the Tele came from Telecaster (at the time I was totally for ponty guitars)... the interest for the "direct" approach of the Tele and the tone came later :)

Since so it's my nickname and the name of my telecaster (a very nonsense if you get the vintage idea - yet have the same approach)

I have had this name on a guitar case since the 80's. I was trying to describe that tone a strat has on the in-between positions but also that overall tone. It really spoke to me and one day while listening to the radio it came to me.. the tone has a troubled treble quality to it, kinda bluesesque. The song I was listening to at the time even though it was not blues, what I really like to hear, was "Finish What You Started" by Van Halen. That snarky tone Eddie was groovin' on.

The avatar is a take on a beer label from my favorite brewery. DeSchutes Brewery in Bend Oregon. Before I moved to Oregon I would visit once or twice a year. Before going on the big mountian bike ride in the area we would go to the brewery and have a bunch of pints the night before.. Mmmmmm Cask Conditioned Ale!

The three mountains are the "Three Sisters" in Bend and the river is the DeSchutes River. Great area if you like the outdoors.

Attachments

• deschutes_resized2.jpg
    deschutes_resized2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 305
I took Big Bob from a used carpet store in Kansas City. Thought it was funny Big Bob's used carpet. avatar is one of my builds, I just liked the shot.

Nightclub Dwight said:
Nightclub Dwight is a character that runs throughout the Lifter Puller saga.  Lifter Puller is the predecessor to The Hold Steady, my favorite band.

If you have never heard of either band, I highly recommend both, but especially THS.  Phenomenal guitar tone.

I like The Hold Steady.  Great road trip music.

My name is GearBoxTy because back in the 1990s when my stepdaughter HAD to be on AOL I needed to make a master account name.  All my name-related names were not available.  I was on the phone with a friend of mine and he suggested "GearBox" which was taken, but I appended "Ty" to the end of it because my name is Tyler and I go by Ty and it worked!  Well, obviously the AOL account is long dead, but that ID is unique enough to become a good user name for any site.

I used that picture for my Avitar because it is one I like of me taken in 2003.  Maybe it's time to update it...

kboman said:
Nightclub Dwight said:
kboman said:

Hehe... Well I do use KBO from time to time (KBO Design when I did websites for example) because it's a simple and memorable abbreviation.

It has other uses as well - inspired by E.S.T. (Esbjörn Svensson Trio, a phenomenal jazz outfit) and another Swedish band called Bo Kasper's Orkester (BKO - see where this is going? :)) I'll probably call any future touring bands the Karl Boman Orchestra/KBO. Possibly maybe. If I get to tour and all that...

Hey by the way, how is your new job going?  Can we look forward to a KBO Warmoth anytime soon?

Back