preTender Felekaster - 80's superstrat with classic appearance (now with pics)

I want a 3 way (Gibson type) pickup switch placed where the strat is not routed - so some DIY routing was necessary:

Had good help from my uncles neighbor:

12100194813_bcb80e6229.jpg

Here it is started:

Almost finished (forgot taking a pic when it was sanded and smooth). You easily see that this is a chambered body:

Rocktrond said:
You easily see that this is a chambered body

And it's getting more chambered all the time! <grin>

Nice work. Is this 3 way going to be in addition to or instead of the standard blade switch?

Cagey said:
Nice work. Is this 3 way going to be in addition to or instead of the standard blade switch?

It will only be a 3 way for selecting pickups. I have a mini switch in addition to switch between hot and "soft" setup.
Soft meaning that the humbucker will be coil splitted and the single coil tapped.

Having different preset tone options is a pretty neat idea, and one that isn't easily done on Fender-style guitars. On a four-knob Gibson it's easy, and even St. Leo tried to move towards it on the Jazzmaster. A three-way can select different circuits, not just different pickups.

Guitar is now in the hands of Lindquist Guitarservice here in my hometown, for the final fretwork, soldering and intonation adjustments. Very exited to get it back, ready to rock!

OK, sorry! There's a Lindquist guitar guy in Minneapolis, and he did some work for a friend. Makes you wonder - is it a PLOT... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back