Presidential debate

ZGOZZ said:
I think it was what people wanted to hear. But who ever gets in office, they are going to age 10 years in one week.
McCain better hope he doesn't get in, in that case.

Rich, it's interesting though, lots of McCain supporters like McCain's bipartisan history, but if Obama agrees with him on some foreign policy issues, that's a knock on Barack? I find the logic kind of twisted. Would McCain supporters prefer it if Obama's views on foreign policy were more different from McCain's? I saw it as Obama acknowledging common ground, which is what McCain is supposed to be so famous for doing. Maybe that's not how it will play out on tv, though.

These debates just tend to reinforce supporter's views, though - if you're looking for a reason to back your candidate and oppose the other guy, you can always find it. What will probably decide the election is how a few carefully chosen sound bites will sound to the 10% or so of people in just a few states who a) will vote and b) have been paying no attention whatsoever to these guy's policies, history, and temperament.

The VP debate could get interesting, though - Palin seems to not understand the first thing about economics, government, or her running mate's own policies, based on the 2 (!) interviews she's given in the last month. Conservatives should really check out her Couric interview.

tfarny I just watched that interview on youtube. It's pretty brutal. Couric seems to really enjoy making Palin sweat. I almost feel badly for Palin. Almost.

nathan a said:
tfarny I just watched that interview on youtube. It's pretty brutal. Couric seems to really enjoy making Palin sweat. I almost feel badly for Palin. Almost.

I thought Charlie Gibson turned the screws harder than Couric.  He just stared over his glasses at her while she talked... he really managed to show that he disapproves without saying as much.  It kind of reminded me (in a much subtler way, of course) of the mockingly attentive way Stephen Colbert listens to Republicans who don't realize he's making fun of them.

tfarny said:
Rich, it's interesting though, lots of McCain supporters like McCain's bipartisan history, but if Obama agrees with him on some foreign policy issues, that's a knock on Barack? I find the logic kind of twisted. Would McCain supporters prefer it if Obama's views on foreign policy were more different from McCain's? I saw it as Obama acknowledging common ground, which is what McCain is supposed to be so famous for doing. Maybe that's not how it will play out on tv, though.

These debates just tend to reinforce supporter's views, though - if you're looking for a reason to back your candidate and oppose the other guy, you can always find it. What will probably decide the election is how a few carefully chosen sound bites will sound to the 10% or so of people in just a few states who a) will vote and b) have been paying no attention whatsoever to these guy's policies, history, and temperament.

The VP debate could get interesting, though - Palin seems to not understand the first thing about economics, government, or her running mate's own policies, based on the 2 (!) interviews she's given in the last month. Conservatives should really check out her Couric interview.

I would put you and other Warmothians well above average intellegence.  However, one must realize that it is a statistical fact that 50% of people are of average intelligence or below.  All a candidate has to do is to appeal to the gut of this 50% and they win, assuming they vote.  I am out at sea for 8 days leaving Tuesday, so I am going to miss the VP debate, which thououghly bums me.  I'll have to look at online videos when I get back home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wroj0FLvzs

all anyone needs to know :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wroj0FLvzs

all anyone needs to know :laughing7:

Priceless.  And I could almost smell it when she raised her arms at the end.

Exactly how did'nt they see the $700 billion pink elephant in the room, that's what I want to know .  :icon_scratch:

kreig said:
Exactly how did'nt they see the $700 billion pink elephant in the room, that's what I want to know .  :icon_scratch:

It's probably pretty easy when the people who caused this are depositing regularly into your Swiss bank account.

Soooooo, any thoughts so far?
again no hilarious moments or major feck-ups, but I am sure SNL will find something to make fun off :)  "that one!"
At least I am starting to lean towards one of them now... oh hold on, crap, still not allowed to vote this year  :sad1: :-\ :tard:

Back