Precision bass PJ Black Korina fretless

Rafunk

Hi,

I'll try to build a precision PJ with following features:
- Black Korina precision body, from Warmoth. Finished with Tung Oil, and at the end with Gun Stock Wax (or similar)
- custom neck maple/ebony, fretless, no lines. Schaller BML tuners
- Fender vintage precision bass pickup, Dimarzio Model J pickup. CTS 250 pots. For selection between pickups I choose a mini togle on-on-on.
- Cooper shielding in the cavities.
- fender classic bridge.

And now some photos:
just arrived:
KORINA006.jpg

the family helping with the first sanding:
KORINA026.jpg

and during the first coat of tung oil:
KORINA028.jpg

after 2 coats of tung oil:
KORINA030.jpg

the neck it's ready and waiting:
KORINA036.jpg

and that's all by now. I keep working, but I need time and patience for this:
KORINA040.jpg

And one question: anybody have a wiring diagram for a pasive PJ vol-tone with a mini togle por switching picks?

Thanks. New photos will come when there's a progress.

Well, this thing it's done. She was born.

Everything was OK during assembly. Thanks too to people of this forum.

This beauty sounds killer. Have mids, mids-low end (more than I thought), and sustain. I'm very happy.

Some photos:

before assembly:
VI982.jpg

and complete assembly:
VI1013.jpg

VI1019.jpg

VI1024.jpg

VI1026.jpg

Well, this have been a nice experience to me, from sanding to solder, from mounting to make tuning setup. If, on top of this looks so nice and sounds terrific... I'm very happy  :eek:ccasion14:

I hate to repeat myself or +1 myself, but I'll just add another wow. +1

Thanks for the comments,  :hello2:

After press down a bit the picks (it were a little high) this beauty sounds awesome. I'm still very happy  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks to Warmoth for this unbelievable good looking (and sounding) wooden body.

Really like this, and the tung finish turned out so nicely! I used tung-based finished and it took a lot of coats, I guess pure tung oil is thick enough to only need two!

stefan said:
Really like this, and the tung finish turned out so nicely! I used tung-based finished and it took a lot of coats, I guess pure tung oil is thick enough to only need two!

Oooops! I realize that this is badly explained: it took about 14 coats of tung oil and about 8 of wax. I just wanted to indicate that photo was after the 2nd coat.

Sorry about my english, I'm from Spain and my english level it's just average.

Back