Post what you're listening to!

Having myself a bit of a Steve Morse appreciation day. This one popped up on his own official site:

And this series came up next in the YouTube algorithm's choices:

That last one is a tremendous example of Steve's baroque compositional chops. Just glorious.

Finally, I also just learned of his announcement that he's parting ways with Deep Purple to spend his time caring for his wife Janine, who is suffering from stage 4 cancer, and will be undergoing chemo and other cancer treatment for the duration of her life. Such sad news.

Steves Morse and Lukather pontificating, and and then destroying Little Wing with stealth-bass-monster Sterling Ball:

Dude was TWENTY-THREE years old. Great interview of Di Meola by Rick Beato - two old Italian guys talkin' sh!t about music, and also some great story from Al about the recording of Mediterranean Sunrise and having to ply Paco with wacky tobacky in the studio.

Last edited:
Dude was TWENTY-THREE years old. Great interview of Di Meola by Rick Beato - two old Italian guys talkin' sh!t about music, and also some great story from Al about the recording of Mediterranean Sunrise and having to ply Paco with wacky tobacky in the studio.
Very cool didn't now that!! Thank you.

This thread has been going for nearly 10 years. Holy moses I'm old.

Anyway, more Ariel Posen, live. His playing is amazing, but his studio recordings - for me, anyway - are missing some of the crucial vinegar. This performance does not suffer from that ailment.

Back