Post What Heavy / Progressive Rock You Are Listening to...

Good Lovin' Gone Bad (2015 Remaster)​

Bad Company

A classic rock thread without Paul Rodgers would be amiss, but I guess it is alright now.

Free - Alright Now.

Last edited:
@Rick as much as I like Joni Mitchell, it does not meet the definition of "Classic Rock" in the sense of this thread, regardless of what that blog has written for a top ten songs article.

Mitchell's music was originally considered to be folk, but after her initial success she began to grow in a jazz direction. Her collaboration with saxophonist and band leader Tom Scott produced the album "Court and Spark", one of the most popular and influential albums of all time.

So I took a look at the list of the bands on that ”classicrockhistory” site. By going to ”S” and finding both Britney Spears and Spice Girls I concluded that the name of the site is not completely accurate 😜

One of the few Finnish bands that someone might recognize (at least in Europe) is Nightwish. They normally play symphonic metal and their own material, but they have covered the song ”above”.

This is not their best version of it, but it is from an official live DVD - and I am there somewhere in the audience. It was a very strange concert, as some of the band members disappered from the stage during the show (they came back, though). The biggest fans did not care, but I saw them for the first time (went to the concert out of curiosity) and was perplexed.

Well, it turned out that they had decided to fire the singer and break up the band for a while, and had gone on stage just because the DVD was supposed to be recorded there…

I must say I prefer Tarja's solo material, which seems a better fit for her voice, though I have not listened to that much of Nightwish.

Love it when the camera is on Jimi. Got that wah cocked, and the fuzz going. Also, the girl sitting down at about 4 minutes, she's tripping, watching time flow. Wish I was there.

Last edited:
Back