Poplar soloist.

Hey everyone, updates! Well more of a question. I sprayed my clear on, I have to wait a bit till I can sand and do the final coat. Also I got my bridge and different pots ordered, regular shafts aren't long enough. Anyways, I have a Squier neck that I was going to use till I made some more money to get a warmoth one, but anyway, it just barely doesnt fit in the neck pocket, so do I just sand it? Its litterally a hairs breath from fitting or should I skip on that and just wait till I can get a neck, which might be a while?

I thought so too Max, but are you saying since im planning on getting a warmoth neck to do it backwards? Sounds logical enough, anyone else?

Well, Tfarny's suggestion is probably the right thing. If you horribly oversand the squier neck, you're out maybe <$70.

Max said:
Well, Tfarny's suggestion is probably the right thing. If you horribly oversand the squier neck, you're out maybe <$70.
Thats what I'm thinking too.  Normally with quality parts you'd sand the pocket.  But yeah, for 50-60 bucks on eBay you can get another.

Exactly - don't modify a great body for a crappy temporary neck. The neck won't notice anyhow.

All right guys, finally another update with pictures! I sanded the neck to the point where its snug in the pocket, thats ok right, being snug? It takes a few taps from my palm to seat, hopefully thats good. Anyways I got the neck on there and everything and its great, feels great to really see it coming along and to hold it like a guitar haha. Anyways I just my email from UPS so my last set of parts should be in soon! Hopefully it will be strung up and playable by the end of the week! As for getting it wired up I dont know as I have to use my friend's mom's iron. Anyways its apart again cause I have to spray the clear again, it said I could handle it within 24 hours but I have to wait 72 to be able to sand it and spray again. Here are the new pictures, enjoy! P.S. Sorry they are still cell phone pictures, but you still get the idea, once the body is done and looking really good ill take some good quality ones.

great job!. Looks like it's coming along.  would love to see some out door shots of the body (for the sunlight) so we could see that poplar.

Brian

Looks good, go slow and be patient on the clear coats, easier to take more time now than to strip it down later.

hey everyone, its on its final assembly! Just a quick question, how do I put the bridge posts in, I have them in to where they recess into the body, any ideas on how to get them the rest of the way in?

Very nice!
quick question.. which control holes did you get drilled, 2nd and 3rd or 1st and second position?
or did you drill yourself?

Hey everyone, im pulling my hair out here. My strings dont line up at all, kind of crazy. The string-thru holes are over to far to the left so all of the strings look like this when they go over to the TOM bridge / / / / / /. Also makes lining up the pickups a little difficult. Any idea what I should do about this?

By the way, sorry I didnt see it sooner but its the 1st and 2nd position pots.

Pics!! without pics, a guess would be that you've not installed the TOM correctly somehow. I assume your neck is attached - do the strings align properly down the neck?

rapfohl09 said:
Hey everyone, im pulling my hair out here. My strings dont line up at all, kind of crazy. The string-thru holes are over to far to the left so all of the strings look like this when they go over to the TOM bridge / / / / / /. Also makes lining up the pickups a little difficult. Any idea what I should do about this?
Sounds like the TOM is in backwards?

I've put my TOM on backwards on accident before, and didn't notice anything wrong with the guitar until I tried to intonate and realized that the screws were on the other direction. I don't think that a backwards TOM is the problem.

Back