Poly KILLS Tone

dmraco said:
was this a question or statement?

either way...I disagree.

I disagree with your disagreement.  :icon_jokercolor:

Hijack time:

I'm sitting here waiting for my 2 week old son to go to sleep - He's on my lap right now just staring at me as I type.  Boy am I tired.

^ Wow, thats pretty close to newborn. Why is this the frist time we hear about this? Congratulations!!! :hello2: :cool01:

jerryjg said:
^ Wow, thats pretty close to newborn. Why is this the frist time we hear about this? Congratulations!!! :hello2: :cool01:

sshhhhhh!  He just fell asleep!

Thanks man!  :eek:ccasion14:

I'm going to bed...

dmraco said:
was this a question or statement?

either way...I disagree.

Agreed. I had the sweetest poly Strat,  beautiful warmoth flamed maple cap tobacco body,  but in the politically correct "nitro" movement I dissasembled it and sold the body. HUGE mistake., Best sounding and playing Strat Ive ever owned.
I'm trying to rectify that mistake somewhat by taking the neck from the Poly Strat and building a Tele, but i don't know... Id much rather have my Strat back.

That's why you're on the Warmoth forum, where they sell poly guitars, huh...  :icon_scratch:

I am basing my statement on two guitars...

Both have same neck and PU configuration (Dimarzio Evos).

One is a Mahogany/Maple LP with nitro finish...the other is a Korina/Maple with poly finish.  Both are solid wood, so the difference between the korina and mahogany are slight at best.  BOTH SOUND GREAT! 

I will take the durability of poly any day.

mayfly said:
jerryjg said:

sshhhhhh!  He just fell asleep!

Thanks man!  :eek:ccasion14:

I'm going to bed...

Don't you have another one still in diapers too?  Is that how Canadians stay warm in the winter?

Yea, we have a couple of boys now.  It's going to be hilarious in a few years!

Oh - in Canada, we have this thing called central heating.  That and a lot of tube power...

Max said:
mayfly said:
Oh - in Canada, we have this thing called central heating.  That and a lot of tube power...
Wouldn't that melt the igloo?

The great parliamentary igloo is secure because of 24 hr refrigeration units running in the summer.  :eek:ccasion14:

As for my family and I, we live in a brick house.  Craftsman style.  Very nice  :icon_thumright:

Wait, are we applying poly to newborns now for some reason?  Skimming threads sure gets weird sometimes.

-Mark

stubhead said:
Nitro is better for the newborns - it lets them "breathe."
I'd argue that it doesn't matter either way if they breathe or not. Besides, even if they did breathe, the difference would be too subtle to notice.

And I agree with Max.  accustic and solid body guitars are worlds apart, whereas the sum of all parts make an accustic guitar, the pickups make up 95% of a solid body guitar.

Watch the new ZZ Top From texas DVD, their guitars are all paint, bodies, neck, fretboard, all painted, and it's not nitro,  they( Billy Gibbons) sound as good as they ever have, tone wise.

Back