POLL: pick my bridge pickup!

Which bridge pickup is best for my "style"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smavridis

I listen to Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold (new Stuff), and Judas Priest. So as you can imagine, those are the tones I'm going for. I'm not a tone freak and i don't know what i'm looking for in the bridge. so i call to you, warmoth forum members, to carve my sound. I'm leaning closer to the Dave Murray side of life. What should i get?

Interesting that you've got all Duncans on that list, as Dave Murray's famous Strat was loaded with Dimarzios (PAF's, I believe).

But I voted for the Duncan '59.

Dave Murray is the Dimarzio Super Distortion bridge and Dimarzio PAF neck.

James Hetfield used Invaders for some stuff on Master of Puppets album and in some guitars of that era...

Old Megadeth  - they used the JB a lot - like Rust In Peace. The Duncan Distortion is the JB wind with a large ceramic magnet.

Pretty sure Synyster Gates uses Invaders.

not sure about judas priest

GoDrex said:
Dave Murray is the Dimarzio Super Distortion bridge and Dimarzio PAF neck.

James Hetfield used Invaders for some stuff on Master of Puppets album and in some guitars of that era...

Old Megadeth  - they used the JB a lot - like Rust In Peace. The Duncan Distortion is the JB wind with a large ceramic magnet.

Pretty sure Synyster Gates uses Invaders.

not sure about judas priest

And there you have it. 

GoDrex said:

As a side note, Jaymz has been an endorser of EMG's 60 (Neck) and 81 (Bridge) for the last 20 years or so, and Dave Mustaine has been a JB/Jazz endorser from the time Megadeth started until he got his signature Blackouts from Duncan (Although, I secretly think he still sticks with the JB/Jazz...)

Dave just made it on a youtube guitarist show that I saw and he was using his signiture v with the blackouts/livewires/whateverthehecktheyare.

rockskate4x said:
Dave just made it on a youtube guitarist show that I saw and he was using his signiture v with the blackouts/livewires/whateverthehecktheyare.

Yes, sorry.  Livewires, not Blackouts...  Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom uses Blackouts.

I've seen Dave use them for demos of his signature dean V's, but I still have suspicions that he goes back to the JB/Jazz when there's no one watching.  :laughing7:

Out of the options listed the Duncan Distortion is going to cover the most ground, IMO. It can get really heavy and has a better lead tone than the Invader. Cleans won't be as nice as a '59, but they'll be OK.

Full Shred would be my second choice, but their tone can be a tad dry or crisp  (as opposed to smooth or warm or buttery - insert adjective here  :laughing7: ). It will bring every finger noise and pick sound you do, so your playing has to be very accurate. It will force you to play better IMO.

I'd pick the Invader for really heavy rhythm playing and smoother leads. Works well with a bright guitar and amp. Can be muddy in some guitars.

I wouldn't consider the Jazz for a bridge pickup, unless you mainly play clean. I tried one in my guitar and didn't like the sound of it with distortion, but other people like it. Sounds amazing clean though.

The '59 is a really good choice as well, though it's not as hot as the other choices. Wouldn't be my choice if I was playing mainly heavy music, but it can do it and is the best all around pickup, of the ones listed.

oh god how i love information! thanks drex! so im thinking of going Full Shred Bridge, Hot rails Mid, and 59 neck. anyone got any say on this?

hehehehe the one with the least amount of votes wins!? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

rejection.jpg

Back