A long story...

Bagman67 said:
I'm guessing R19M| might be a bot.  Talk about our sex lives?  I'm happy to report this is one  place I can AVOID hearing about people's sex lives.

I must have missed something...

Great Ape said:
YEAH!! That's a beaut! :icon_thumright:
Agreed, and I'm working on the plate for it right now. That neck is sweet, Goncalo is awesome too... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
Great Ape said:
YEAH!! That's a beaut! :icon_thumright:
Agreed, and I'm working on the plate for it right now. That neck is sweet, Goncalo is awesome too... :icon_thumright:

I keep saying this forum needs a "like" button.  :laughing7:

A positive comment is worth approximately 1,295 "likes"  :icon_biggrin:

So here's the plates for both... :laughing7:
TommyGun_zpsd5cf944d.jpg

EdPlate_zps5928ca03.jpg

I posted the completed P-Bass build in the P-bass section a couple of days ago, but the post is "Awaiting Approval" by a moderator.  Is this something new?  :icon_scratch:  I guess I have see a number of spam posts in the Off Topic section.  Anyway, I'll put it up here.  I'm not normally a fan of "signature" parts, but for this build, it was fitting. 

Warmoth P-bass body
Leo Quan Badass II bridge
Warmoth black pearl pickguard
Seymour Duncan Steve Harris pickups
CTS pots
Jensen paper/oil cap, 0.047uF  (  :laughing7: )
Fender American Special maple/maple neck
Fender tuning machines
TusqXL nut
RotoSound Steve Harris flatwound strings (50-75-95-110)
DangerousR6 neck plate (Eddie, see above.  Still waiting on USPS.  :doh: )

This thing sounds amazing.  Way punchier than the original Fender P-bass pickups and standard strings.  I would have never guessed a sound like this could come out of flatwounds.

fdesalvo said:
Sweet mercy!  I was too busy being distracted by the reflection off the TV  :eek:

Nice!  There are a few members of this board who have way more guitars than I have.  Most of mine are indeed Warmoths, but I have a few "off the rack" guitars, also.

Speaking of Warmoths, here is the Cocobolo Strat with the Goncalo Alves neck, completed.  The neck plate is a temp, until the one DangerousR6 made me gets here.   

Back