Pickups for 12-string Telecaster Deluxe project?

Surfabilly

Rather than wait until I can afford a Fender Stratocaster XII (or can afford payments through AMS), I've decided to build my own 12-string electric, using mostly Warmouth parts (especially the body, pickguard and neck). Since the Telecaster Deluxe has 2 humbuckers, I'm wondering which pickups I might use to get as close to the Rickenbacker jingle-jangle as I can. Currently, I'm considering the following pickups:

-Fender "Seth Lover" wide-range humbuckers
-TV Jones Power`Tron
-GFS Dream 90

I'll be building a custom lap steel before I build a 12-string Telecaster Deluxe, then I'll work on a couple of other custom Telecaster projects after the 12-string, but as I've already got my lap steel pickup (a Gibson P90), I figure it's not too early to inquire about pickups for the 12-string project.

Matt

Seen these?

http://yhst-50206111187217.stores.yahoo.net/meal2ritovij.html

Haven't seen 'em till I clicked the link ya provided. Thanks again! All will be well with my world, with those pickups. I may also go with all maple construction, for this one, to be sure that I get as close to the Rickenbacker sound, without it being a Rickenbacker.  :icon_thumright:

Matt

Perhaps a Dimarzio pickup with a blade pole piece?

Although I'm sure I read somewhere what is good for 6strings are just as good for 12. Standard tele pickups will do the trick.

Back