Pedal Effect Poll

Vote for your favorite manufacturer of Pedal Effects, Stomp Boxes, Volume Pedals, Wah's etc. Contin

• BOSS/Roland

Votes: 30 23.8%
  • MXR/Dunlop

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • DigiTech

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Line 6

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • Vox

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Morley

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 45 35.7%

• Total voters

TexxasJam

Hello Everyone. Time for a NEW POLL!  Its not like we have any polls to participate in around here...Pretend to be excited...:toothy10: :blob7: :headbang: :hello2: :eek:ccasion14:

I myself am partial to BOSS though I like other manufacturers effects too like MXR.

I currently own the following: (all are indispensable)

BOSS BF-2 Flanger
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS Delay
Morley Wah (which I've owned since the late 70's)
Roland Volume

I ran out of space on my question above. I was going to say Post any vids or sound clips if any.  This may include sound clips or vids of yourself or something you saw or heard on YouTube.

My favorites are Fulltone, and Electro Harmonix, but I have more Boss pedals than anything.  Fulltones are beautiful sounding, incredibly built units, but they are pricey.  

I have more build your own effects than anything.  But for the bought ones...  Zvex Fuzz Probe, Zvex Super Duper, Ibanez Lo Fi, Gig Fx Chopper, and Teese RMC 3 Wah.  For the built ones...  Big Muff Triangle era clone, BYOC Analog Chorus, BYOC Digital Tap delay, Ross Comp clone, Red Llama clone, Woolly Mammoth strip board build, and a Bug Crusher rate reducer/analogue bit crusher.  I also have a dead Boss Chorus Ensemble, and a Boss HM-2 pedal that I haven't turned on since the mid 80's.  I suppose it doesn't matter much, but I plan on building a Clay Jones Tube Screamer mod, a Fuzz Face, a Superfuzz, BYOC's analog delay, and BYOC's analog flanger when ever it comes out.  Sheesh, Gun's n' Roses released a new album before they finished that flanger.
Patrick

I've only ever tried Boss pedals so far, so I'm gonna have to go with those.

However, I want these...

Death By Audio's Fuzz War
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkftdYP_Xqk

Freakshow Effects' Brown Rabbit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3zpYU_Ceeg

Freakshow Effects' Digilog Delay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmd6QxqpvNQ

I'm also very interested in Morley wahs, since they're Devin Townsend's wah of choice.  :icon_thumright:

I started with boss because back in the day when i was in Jr. High and lived in a small city I only had a few lines to pick from and Boss had the best stuff with the most features.
Of course now im concerned with stuff like true bypass which is a big problem with boss effects.  They're still the most rugged as far as I know.

But lately as my skills get better with regards to guitar building / modding... i'm starting to worry that soon I'll be selling off all my stuff for things I build myself.  As far as traditional effects go. (phaser distortion etc)

But I'm a big fan of guitar synth stuff, and even though I dont own anything I'm rather taken with what Roland has to offer.  and I would love to have something that involves a D-Beam for my guitar.

As stated recently in another thread, I really like my Boss GT-8. I also have two Danelectro pedals - Cool Cat chorus and a fuzz pedal of later make whose name I can't even remember -, but they haven't been used to any great extent. The chorus is nice but it eats batteries like nothing else; the fuzz is ok but unbearable when plugged into anything clean with good headroom.

My current dream setup would be
guitar magnetic ->                        -> parallell  -> Axe-Fx -> DHP-33 -> Looperlative -> whatever -> speakers
guitar hex        -> Roland VG-99  ->  into                                                                poweramp

But hey, I'm no millionaire yet so I'll keep on dreaming and practising :)

Fulltone OCD 
&
Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverb

Still think the Boss DS-1 is on the best pedals for the money though.

Don't have a fave manufacturer - I'm a stomp whore... meaning, I use whatever sounds good; regardless of manufacturer.

I like to keep things real simple, so's what comes out of the speaker is pure tone.

Currently I have (and only use one at a time):

Fulltone OCD - liveliest overdrive/boost I've ever used
MI Audio Crunch Box - the sound of a cranked old-school 4-input Marshall
MXR DIME - does Boston and various 80's metal tone

What I generally do is set my Marshall JTM45 to half volume and use the pedal for dirt whenst needed - any FX are provided either
by my Wet Rig (playing live) or in my DAW (recording).

Somewhat recently I've had:

Fulltone Fulldrive 2 - pretty bland
ZVex SuperDuper 2in1 - great clean boost for clean tones only
DOD (?) Bad Monkey - good Marshall-ish tone for cheap

In the past I had a few of those Rockman 1/2 rack units - cool sh!t; very cool.  Wish I hadn't sold 'em.
In particular, the Stereo Chorus/Delay was schweeeeeet; esp. the Long Chorus setting.  Pure analog.

I've had several BOSS pedals/1/2 rack units in my lifetime.  I haven't used BOSS in over 15 years for a reason... they're the Earl Schieb of pedals.

I've attached one of my test clips which features the MI Audio Crunch Box throughout (no EQing on the guitar tone whatsoever - rec'd straight off the speaker).

I don't have favourite makers, I have favourite pedals.  The original mxr pedals win for the coolness factor though.

For low gain distortion - mxr distortion +.

To fatten up a thin sounding guitar, or to get a sludge tone - boss ds-1

To get "my" tone - marshall jackhammer

For stoner rock and stoner metal sounds - Most pedals that have big muff pi written on them.

Keeley
Skreddy
Tonefactor

npedalboard.JPG

I have used Boss and MXR for just about everything. They are tanks.
But I've moved away from my pedels and doing the tap dance thing to using a rack setup

My line up now is

Morley Volume/Wah
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
T.C. Electronic G-Major
Behringer Multigate
GCX audio switcher
Ground Control Pro Midi Controler

I didn't vote... the only pedals I use are a Boss TU-2 and an Analogman compressor.  I'm in the market for reverb/delay though, and I am building a fuzz pedal.  I'm also looking for a used Boss DS-1.

I didn't vote either. 

I'm liking my heavily modded Daddy-O Overdrive so much lately that all my effects other than my Dynacomp and TU2 are being re-reviewed.

I voted Boss.  I used to use a GT-3, but recently upgraded to a GT-10.  I pretty much only use it for the digital effects on clean sounds, and compression for overdrive stuff.  For gain, I just use my amp's channels.

How do you usually have your settings for that doc?
It took me a lot of trial and error to find my amps tone with the GT10 plugged into the front of it.

I found that with every effect and eq off I had to have the main output knob to roughly 10:30 / 11:00 before the proper breakup sounds through my amp started happening.

Volitions Advocate said:
How do you usually have your settings for that doc?
It took me a lot of trial and error to find my amps tone with the GT10 plugged into the front of it.

I found that with every effect and eq off I had to have the main output knob to roughly 10:30 / 11:00 before the proper breakup sounds through my amp started happening.

Are you using the 4 cable method?

No b/c I'm using 2 amps.

If I'm understanding your 4 cable method.  I know what you're talking about I jsut can't wrap my mind around it at the moment.

I would need some sort of splitter box to do it right with 2 amps.  Or more outputs/ inputs in my gt 10

Back