Pau Ferro Thinline

ctownsend

Just when I thought I couldn't love my Warmoth Thinline body any more than I already do, Warmoth delivers an outstanding neck to match....

P.S. Not sure why I can't get the images to rotate, despite being in a different saved state!

Attachments

• Warmoth Tele Thinline Top.jpg
    Warmoth Tele Thinline Top.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 667
  • Warmoth Tele Thinline Bottom.jpg
    Warmoth Tele Thinline Bottom.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 508
Looks goooood! That neck helps the body look special, too.  :icon_thumright:

Well, that's just about gorgeous.

If you host the photos on Flickr or elsewhere, you can rotate to suit and then embed the photo using the posting controls.

To show your hosted image, like this one here:

22574710905_67634f5f43_z.jpg

You can use the image button in the text editor and paste the url for your hosted photo into the resulting dialog.

Alternatively, you can paste the URL in and flank it with the img tag, like so:

Code:
 [IMG]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5813/22574710905_67634f5f43_z.jpg [/IMG]

And I thought you were sending the photo's from Australia..... :doh:

Really cool looking guitar though, looks like the grain in the body just flows up the neck.

Sharp Tele! That had to set you back a few bucks. All that Pau Ferro and binding...

She's a real looker, though. If it sounds/plays half as good as it looks, you've got a real gem there.

Thanks for the help and kind words, good people!

The Glendale hardware includes:
The "Twang" Intone Cutting Edge set
The vintage "single-cut" bridge-plate non-magnetic stainless
The Glendale "Extreme" Fat Neck Plate The "Raw-Deal" logo
The "Cold Rolled Steel" six cold rolled steel ferrules

The pickups are Lollar "Tele Vintage Neck" and "Tele Special Bridge" with a 4-way switch (Bridge & Neck in Series for Humbucker-esque tone)

Thanks for the information, ctownsend. I looked up the saddles you put on.

Quoted from the Glendale site:
"The "Twang" Intone Cutting Edge set /aluminum E/A, brass D/G & B/E / this is the set that Billy Gibbons & Redd Volkaert use."

How does that aluminum one sound compared to brass?

I could see an aluminum saddle doing something interesting, not sure what. But this line about bridgeplates set of my bsometer.

"The non-magnetic stainless steel bridge-plate adds to the twang factor, adding highs, mids, lows, while adding harmonics and acoustical sustain. The magnetic cold rolled steel bridge-plate balances out equally, giving warmth and twang, with highs, mids and lows being very equal in value."

So it adds highs, mids and lows, while adding harmonics. And the other version also has equal values of highs, mids, and lows.

I couldn't give you a fair answer to that, as I didn't A/B it against anything else. And even if I did, I certainly can't claim to describe tonal differences between saddle types. But... they feel great under the palm, stay intonated, and coupled with everything else in my tonal chain, well, I just love all of the tonal options this Thinline delivers. So they certainly play a part, but I'll leave it to the experts to debate the %'s!

Yeah, I didn't mean to say they don't matter. I'm sure they make a difference. But that description....

swarfrat said:
I could see an aluminum saddle doing something interesting, not sure what. But this line about bridgeplates set of my bsometer.

"The non-magnetic stainless steel bridge-plate adds to the twang factor, adding highs, mids, lows, while adding harmonics and acoustical sustain. The magnetic cold rolled steel bridge-plate balances out equally, giving warmth and twang, with highs, mids and lows being very equal in value."

So it adds highs, mids and lows, while adding harmonics. And the other version also has equal values of highs, mids, and lows.

Hey man, marketing guys have to say something...

Most marketing drivel is just creative writing that wasn't good enough for pulp fiction. Kinda like politics is Hollywood for ugly people.

Back